Anyone have comclean working on .ts files or Vista 64? (1 Viewer)

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been trying to implement various comclean solutions for the past several days, with little luck. I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate, and have tried working with .ts files as well as .mpg files.

Comskip seems to process .ts files fine, however neither comskip.bat nor comskip2.bat seem to work with them. Is there a comclean version recommended for .ts files?

When I switch to .mpg files comclean.bat seems to work... it goes through the motions, generates comskip files and spits out a smaller mpg file. However, playback in MP is affected... the "cleaned" videos play for a moment or two, then freeze. Skipping forward and back after a freeze has no effect... skipping forward and back before a freeze sometimes works for a second, then freezes.

comclean2.bat (with cuttermaran installed and the cuttermaran output option set in comskip.ini) is even worse... the mpg file being worked on disappears! I don't see anything in the batch file that should do that, so I'm stumped.

Help?

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
mrbenji

I don't know if this will help because I only run Vista 32, but I know that I had an issue with comskip.bat when I first started to use comskip with Media Portal. The problem was related to the default directory. It seems that MP calls the comskip.bat file from where ever it is executed from and that causes problems with identifying the file paths correctly. I got around this by changing to the comskip directory in the bat file e.g.

c:
cd\program files
cd team MediaPortal
cd comskip
comskip %1

Not a very elegant solution but it solved the problem of running comskip.bat for me. I guess you could just add your other cutterman stuff to the end, but with Media Portal able to jump over comskip marked files, I am not sure I would be brave enough to use any system that actually removes ads based on a software evaluation of where commercials are located.

PS I only use .TS files and the above comskip.bat file works just fine.

Cheers Mike

mrbenji

Portal Member
March 3, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for the reply Mike... i'll see if changing to that directory before running commands has any effect. I'm doubful about it being the problem with comclean.bat, since I do get smaller output .mpg files... they just don't work. If the path was a problem I'd more expect there to be no resulting mpg files, which is my problem with comclean2.bat.

Anyone else using comclean.bat or comclean2.bat to physically remove commercials from their recordings?

hoppy

Portal Pro
March 10, 2006
Cambridge, UK
I've not managed to get comclean working, but I would recomend you turn off the option in MP to automatically skip commercials if there is a comskip .txt file present in the same dir as that may explain your freezing :) Although I couldn't find this with a quick search through the options?

I'd be interested getting comclean working for .ts files as well, could you post your comclean.bat that works for mpeg files and let me know what apps (cutterman/mpgtx etc) you have installed and I'll have a go at getting it working as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom