Anyone Know of a plug-in for tracking who's watched Recorded TV (1 Viewer)

Mark Anderson

February 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi All

My wifa and I watch ALL of our TV via DVR. We both have crazy schedules, so often get to watch a recording at different times. This means the DVR is always cluttered, because neither of us know who's watched what. What I'd love is a plug-in that let's yyou register users and when you watch (or finish watching) a recording, it will ask who you are. This way, the system can track who's watched what and make it easy to keep the recordings pruned.

Anything like that out there? Anyone interested in writing it?

Regards

Mark

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There was a discussion about possibly adding multiple user support in MP 1.4, but at the moment it is definitely not possible and there are no plugins that support this. What you could do however is one person uses my tv recordings and the other person uses my videos to watch the recordings, I'm pretty sure they maintain separate watched indicators.

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Multiple user support would be awesome! There once was a DVR here in Los Angeles called Sezmi which supported Multiple users. You would select your username and only your recordings would appear. This was great. I wouldn't see my kids cartoon recordings or the wife's soap operas.

Iwen

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Different recording folders or permissions for multiple users or just clients would be really, really cool. Have the same problem with e.g. action movies, sport events,... my mom is not interested in and at the same time I don't need the list of all the cooking series. But if we want to watch a movie together just switch the recording folder with a single click and there we go.

I don't think that this will happen in MP1.x but are there such plannings for MP2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom