Tools and other software anyone know sleep management app (like powerscheduler but standalone) (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    cant get s3 to work with windows settings in either of my desktops (*not* htpc's). Have done all the sensible things and just cant get them to sleep after 30 mins. Both machines will do s3 manually.

Does anyone know of an app like powerscheduler but stand-alone?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PVR-Scheduler was always the alternative, but does not currently seem to be supported by stsc, do not know why :(

MCEStandby tool can be useful, but can also change some vital settings, even when uninstalled, but as you say you cannot get S3 to work any how, not much to lose.

I think that switching to Vista, with its superior handling of standby, always wins me over, when i switch dualboot from one OS to the other, hopefully Win7 will be even better.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Hi Ray

Thanks very much for the response. I grabbed a copy of MCE Standby Handler... and am trying it on my xp machine. I had a look at it on vista but doesnt seem to support most of the options. (not surprising as designed originally for MCE). Will let u know how I get on.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    thanks Bagal

After trying the apps above I didnt have much success, unfortunately. These are really stubborn machines!

I had a look at poweroff and have set it to make sleepy after closing Firefox which will do the job until I can figure out how to make sleepy automatically.

Much appreciated.

Thankyou also Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom