Anyone out there selling TV servers? (1 Viewer)

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2006
Home Country
While my mind is on it, is anyone out there building MP systems commercially? i.e. selling TV server setups to clients and supporting them?

I am a system builder of 15 years experience, and apart from my 3 year quest for personal media bliss, I have so far built around 6 other MP systems for people. In that time, I've found what works, what doesn't, and a million other bits of info along the way.

Should we start a new thread for "commercial builders" who presently, or would like in the future to sell, support, and make some money from, MP TV Server setups?

Although my local industry is tough and very competitive, my first idea is to create a FIRM base of tested hardware so that we can have at least a reference platform that ticks a bunch of boxes in terms of minimum capability. You could do it for both ATI and Intel hardware. We could then get some nice stickers made to signify the hardware contained is "MePo Friendly". (My kids LOVE MePo by the way! He does work as a product identity...we just need to get him seen more!)

We could charge say $10 - $20 for each sticker (probably cost a couple of dollars each to produce), and give all proceeds to MP as donations to help the devs out.

The MP Devs have done a brilliant job to mold MP into a tight, feature packed, extensible, stable and mature product - they all deserve medals - from Frodo (where is he?) all the way down to the latest recruits. To all of you guys out there that have slaved for years over MP to get it just right, and have learned mountains of good facts, now buried deep in their brains, what do you say to setting up a "guild" of professional MP addicts that make and sell full-blown TV Server solutions to a hungry market???

MP can be huge...but it will need "front-line troops" to go out there and sell it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom