Anyone running MP successfully with Windows 7 RC? (1 Viewer)

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Im thinking of making the jump and just wanted to ask before doing this, from others who have had experience;

Does MP run well in W7?

Are there any outstanding/unresolved issues to be aware of?

Any other advice/suggestions about the do-ability (or Not) of using MP with W7?

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas contributed

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    From the release notes from 1.0.2
    Vista TV-Pack, Windows 7 and TV-Service

Please be aware that we are currently not supporting installations which contain the Vista TV-Pack, nor Windows 7.

We are already testing a fix for the DVB multitune issue that is affecting these setups. This fix might be part of the 1.1.0 release.

So no, it doesn't work. It might work in 1.1.0, but then again, it might not. It is a RC after all :)

I haven't got round to playing with Windows 7 yet (I did download both x86 and x64 versions). I'm sure someone else can chip in, but if it is just a DVB issue, it would be interesting to see how well the GUI works on a non-TV system. Or perhaps being used as a frontend with the TVserver on another system.

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    seeing as no one is at home for next few days i can afford to have HTPC downtime, i tried windows 7, has a few problems ive come across im sure others may of have them

so far

1) MCE Remote doesnt work without I.S.S
    2) you need to specific directx dll files to run MP
    3) Its performance is inconsistant
    4) this is its latest error and i have no idea what it means (attached log files)

greenteagod

Portal Member
    May 16, 2009
    I've been running MP for the last few months on Windows 7. I recently upgraded to the RC and the one issue I have is that occasionally it will hang on trying to populate the videos list. This may be because It's set to a network location but I'm not 100% certain on the actual cause of the issue.

fgunnars

May 17, 2009
    I've been running MP for the last few months on Windows 7. I recently upgraded to the RC and the one issue I have is that occasionally it will hang on trying to populate the videos list. This may be because It's set to a network location but I'm not 100% certain on the actual cause of the issue.
    So, did you downgrade DirectX?

/Fredrik

fgunnars

May 17, 2009
    OK,

Have you seen any negative side effects from uninstalling DX10?

/Fredrik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom