[confirm] Anysee 30 Plus channel slow zapping (not MDAPI RELATED) (1 Viewer)

blackEyEz

Portal Pro
July 8, 2009
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I contacted both anysee.com and anysee.nl and pointing out this thread and asking (more pleading) to make a better documented SDK. We have to wait and see.

Mithrandir

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sorry i didnt reply anymore;. I was in south korea for a week. (Maybe i should've visited them..its a south korean company..)
On emailing anysee; I did the same two weeks ago asking if they can aid in supporting mediaportal.

Sad to see its apparently MDAPI related anyway (Though as said the delay seems to be on the client side).
Not really sure what to do now :) Theres no alternative.

Maybe we should merge this topic back into the anysee support topic for future reference?

phoenix-69

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Amsterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think I found a solution for using MediaPortal RC3 in combination with the Anysee..
The solution is DVBLink’s TVSource software. Unfortunately it's not for free (costs 21 Euro) but it works great and you can try it 20 days for free (which is enough to test it)

DVBLink’s TVSource ‘replaces’ the CNO of anysee and you can use it with W7MCE but also with Media portal.
For use within MediaPortal you still need the Splug-file for decoding, but you no longer need MDAPI.

Below a short guide on how to get it running in Mediaportal.
Shopping list:
- Latest Anysee driver (tested with 1.19B beta)
- Latest Splug file (tested with 1.1.1.2) AnySee E30-Series - Windows Live
- Latest DVBLink TVSource (tested with 2.1) DVBLogic - provider of digital streaming connectivity solutions
- MediaPortal 1.1 RC3
- DVBLink channel export tool for v2 version of DVBLink DVBLogic • View topic - Channel export to use MediaPortal or DVBViewer with DVBLink

Install Process:
1. Install anysee driver
2. Install DVBLINK server and TVsource. A good install document is included in the download. Don’t bother about the MCE related stuff, you do not need it.
3. Scann for chanels.
4. Place the Splug file in the DVBLink plugin directory for decoding the scrambled chanels.
6. Do the basic installation of MediaPortal RC3, but wait with setting up the TV-server.
7. Run the DVBLink channel export tool for v2 version of DVBLink:
Copy the produced xml files to your Transponders folder of MediaPortal.
Then you need to open produced satellites_dvblink.xml file in a text editor and merge its content with satellites.xml file in Transponder directory of MediaPortal. In other words - just copy and paste each <satellite name="... line into satellites.xml file at the end of the file, but before </satellites> tag.
8. Start MediaPortal TV-Server configuration, all DVBLink satellites should appear in the satellite list. Select them for appropriate DVBLink tuners and scan the transponders. (don’t forget to enable CAM as this is needed for the decoding)
9. Done.

Note: You might need to do some reboots in the process above.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@ phoenix-69

Will your solution also work for the Anysee E30TC plus (for DVB-C)?
Does this solution fix the 12 seconds zapping problem?
(* As discussed here: Manuals - eXisTa's BLOG *)

The reason I'm interested is that I want to build another Mediaportal TV server for in my office, but only have experience with the two FloppyDTV cards in my home Mediaportal TV server. As the digital-everywhere fireDTV/floppyDTV cards are no longer available I'm looking for a DVB solution that works with the Dutch cable provider Ziggo (and Mediaportal of course) and is able to do MPEG2 and h.264 with a Ziggo IRDETO card.

phoenix-69

Portal Member
May 29, 2010
Amsterdam
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes it works with the Anysee E30TC Plus.
I am using it myself with the Dutch cable provider Ziggo.

With the old MP 1.1.0 RC1 i was using the eXisTa solution. But I often had lockups etc... it wasn't really reliable.
I really wanted to upgrade to RC3 but the zapping problem made it unusable.
Luckily I found this DVBLink’s TVSource software which solved it all.
No lockup since and normal zapping speed. :)
With this software it should also be possible to install two Anysee E30TC cards (and only use one ziggo card), but i haven't tested it yet.

The only problem I found is with the EPG. It takes ages if you want to use the EPG info from the ziggo "stream".
That's why I implemented an XmlTV solution especially made for the Netherlands called webgrab (Handleiding voor Mediaportal en WebGrab - ServerCare home).

eXisTa

Portal Member
October 20, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tested it but the zapping speed is still 5-6 seconds.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well, I decided to buy an Anysee and will test it on a Vista 32 bit system first. Later I will test it on a Windows 7 64 bit system (when I find time....). I will post my thoughts after installation.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
August 23, 2007
IJmuiden
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmmmm.

I got Mediaportal to see the Anysee DVBC card, using the beta 4 1.19 anysee driver.
It tuned channels fine, but of course did not do any decoding of encoded (nan fta) channels.

So today I decided to go the DVBlink TV source way, to get the decoding sorted out. Alas....

I:
1. Unconfigured TV server to use the anysee cards
2. Installed DVBlogic TVlink server 3 (rebooted after this)
3. Installed DVBlogic TV source 3 (rebooted after this)

This is where I run into problems:

When I configure tvsource in DVBlink configuration, I first add the stream.
Next I configure the stream. I select the DVB-C card (Devices) and configure it as CABLE.
Next I chose the provider ziggo 8888 (Headend).
Next I click on the scan tab and the configuraion utility hangs (every time). No response, nada.
I can kill it with taskmanager (running on Vista 32bit) but it will hang every time I try the scan.

I see that you guys used tvsource 2.1. This is no longer downloadable (I can't find it...)
Anybody else have this problem?

Thaks,
Luke

:(

phoenix-69

After the story above, I installed DVBlink server and TV source on a new Windows 7 64 bit machine. I installed the latest beta 1 (1.20) anysee driver. The scan in TV source worked fine for Ziggo network 8888. It recognised all channels. So far so good, but now the problems(s) start:

I managed to walk through your guide, but must have done something wrong. First of all, as DVBlink server and TVsource have now gone verison 3.0 (and I can't find 2.1 anywhere), I'm not sure if the channel export utility works correctly for version 3. When I ran the channel export it produced 5 xml files. 1 general xml file (I believe satellites_dvblink.xml, and 4 files named something like 200.4 blah bla #1 - 200.x blah blah #4). I put them in MediaPortal TVserver's dvbs folder under programdata.

In the satellites_dvblink.xml file I saw four satellite entries. I merged the satellites.xml file as instructed, but I'm not sure this is OK, as I'm not sure the export went fine.

Also I see 4 virtual satellite cards in windows device manager (and also in Mediaportal Tv server). However, I'm not sure if I configured them correctly, as a scan gives 0 new channels.

Is there a possibility you could send some examples and screen shots (xml files and screenshots of the mediaportal TV server satellite config and scan? We both use Ziggo, so there should be a large resemblance between our setups.

Thanks a lot allready! I would really by thankful!

Luke - Who would simply like this to work, like his double floppyDTV TVserver & MP multiseat system at home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom