APOD (Astronomy picture of the day) plugin (1 Viewer)

Portal Member
May 12, 2012
Bayern
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi jmbillings,

no, no, don't browsing back till the first picture. First picture is from 16.06.1995 !!!!
Today i'll get picture 27.06.2013 Moscow.
Then i scroll back once and get 21.06.2013 Solstice Sunset.
Next back get 20.06.2013 NGC 3628 and once more is 19.06.2013 Crater Lake.

And now i'll get the error message:
So only 4 pictures are shown. And pictures from 26.06.2013-22.06.2013 are skipped.

Could anyone reproduce this ?

Attachments

• Apod-Error.jpg
    Apod-Error.jpg
    87.8 KB
Last edited:

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, I see the problem. The one from the 18th is a video, not an image, so the plugin can't find a picture to display.
    I'll fix it so it skips over those. Longer term it would be nice to play the video, but that's more complex :)

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I've just pushed an update that should fix the bug with video pages (skipping over them) and also so it's compatible with 1.4.0.

Should show up in the MP plugin installer shortly, will update the forum post too.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @jmbillings: Just tested this very nice plugin ;)
    I´d like to ask you for at least two enhancements:
    1. Don´t use the standard background hardcoded in your plugin (background.jpg) - let the skinners decide, which background to be used
    2. Would be nice to have a description of the picture displayed (a label which the skinner can place anywhwere he wants).
    That´s all - the images itself are very impressive ;)

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Yep, pulling the description from the page is on my todo list.
    I wasn't aware I was hardcoding the background; I'll look into that. Not done much skinning myself so that side of things is all a bit more hazy... :)

Thanks for checking it out!

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ,
    to add to catavolt ,post ;)
    3. i think the image size also hard coded ... as i try to play with the skin to make the image in full screen (means if skin 720p /1080p ,to view the image in full screen even strach/soom) ... did not work , if this can be add will look even more great .

Small bug : if go to right a massege pop up ,work fine . if go left MP freeze totaly ... cannot esc or go back to right .... with keybourd . (With mp 1.4.0).

nice work .(y)

Last edited:

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    OK, I'm a bit confused on the background thing- when the images from apod are shown there's no background at all (outside of the photographs it's just black). If I switch theme from say, Titan to DefaultWide then the background image shown when in MP before you go to the plugin (i.e. with the plugin selected but not "OK'd") is the theme default background- is this what you mean? I'm not setting this anywhere as presumably it's the plugins menu that decides what to show at that point...

If you can explain a bit more or post a screenshot I might understand better :)

@ysmp - the images downloaded from APOD are dynamically resized to fill the screen while keeping the aspect ratio - is it this that you don't want to happen?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you can explain a bit more or post a screenshot I might understand better :)
    Yup, MP always shows a standard background if no other background is defined in the skin xml.
    I tried to enter a special background in the APODplugin.xml, but this is not respected/evaluated from the plugin.
    @ysmp - the images downloaded from APOD are dynamically resized to fill the screen while keeping the aspect ratio - is it this that you don't want to happen?
    I think the image is shown in correct aspect ratio, IMHO nothing to do here ;)

Last edited:

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    Update posted so the information and title are now displayed. Let me know what you think / if it's broken!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom