Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (1 Viewer)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a little download for you guys, if you put this on your desktop and run as admin it should backup your skin settings xml to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    Then when the next update is out when you run the installer it should automatically restore your backed up settings.

Backup done. Now we need an Update of Apollo. :ROFLMAO:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Lol can you confirm the file is there for me so i know all is working ok.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Great thanks, when there is an update available next if you just run that before update your settings ahould get migrated to the new version.
    I have added it to the wiki too.
    Also added a lower quality video source to first post for people who cant view the video due to restrictions.

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Now we need an Update of Apollo. [emoji23]
    Or manually adjust your Version.xml file and put 1.0.0.5 in there, so the update to 1.0.0.6 gets triggered ;)
    That won't work because the code to migrate the settings from that backed up file is part of the new installer which is not out yet ;)

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Next update will also include indication of whether a plugin is enabled in the supported plugins screen ;)

Attachments

• All Plugins.jpg
      All Plugins.jpg
      671.6 KB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Version 1.0.0.7 is up online and changelog in wiki, please use the backup tool and run as admin which should mean your settings will get migrated on update. It may take a few seconds after the wizard has finished to migrate the settings depending on your machine speed.

Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I used the backup tool, saw confirmation the backup was done, made a manual backup of the Skinsettings.xml just to be sure, as the date of the ApolloSettingsBak.xml didn't match the time it was supposedly updated, then ran the new installer. Rebooted my computer, as Windows Updated wanted that, and my settings are gone. Antivirus' fault?

Edit: It was because I didn't run it as administrator, right?

Emph

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Yep that will do it you have to run as admin on most machines because of windows security etc, if you rename the manual backup to apollosettingsbak.xml and place it in the right location then run installer again it should migrate the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom