1.4 MB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Then wait for the next skin update and it'll be there ;)

As you can see on my settings, that will also make the 'Videos' tile in the Movies menu configurable (MyVideo, OnlineVideo, Trakt, PlayDisc, No Plugin options for now).
    The 3rd option from top (my screenshot) gives the option to set MyVideo on the big tile in movies menu.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Lyfesaver74 i had a look @ your comments about the Genre view not sticking. By design it's made like this:
    • Click Big tile >> hyperlink to All series
    • Click Unwatched tile >> hyperlink to Unwatched series
    • Click on the TVSeries Menu item >> opens TV Series with the configured view ;)

But, when you open another tile (view) after that, off course the default set view is also changed.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Guys,
    for all that asking for adding fanart, i'm working on a fanart for Apollo skin...;)
    i'm talking with Wizard for the best look for the skin, and we come up with this.....
    a full color fanart really don't work with this skin.

Attachments

• music-fanart.jpg
      music-fanart.jpg
      131.7 KB
    • myvideos-fanart.jpg
      myvideos-fanart.jpg
      220.8 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    nice job ysmp :)
    Question: Would it be possible to make a settings to enable/disable fanart per section? So user can (for example) enable fanart for NowPlaying and not for other sections?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    nice job ysmp :)
    Question: Would it be possible to make a settings to enable/disable fanart per section? So user can (for example) enable fanart for NowPlaying and not for other sections?

hi HomeY,
    that's my main issue ... not just for one section, if can make in setting enable/disable for use fanart ... that's will be the best, as wizard update the skin very often... i will not be able to keep up with him to update a mod.
    we see when he back from his vacation... as setting in the skin is all him ;)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Lyfesaver74 i had a look @ your comments about the Genre view not sticking. By design it's made like this:
    • Click Big tile >> hyperlink to All series
    • Click Unwatched tile >> hyperlink to Unwatched series
    • Click on the TVSeries Menu item >> opens TV Series with the configured view ;)

But, when you open another tile (view) after that, off course the default set view is also changed.

So what you are saying is that I have to not click the big tile but stay in menu if I want it to work right? Again, I feel this is a design flaw. It should be (no matter how you click it) when you enter TVS you load TVS settings along with it. More to the point, it does not matter about big tile or menu item... every other skin that I have tried when I press the TV Series button on my remote it loaded my Genre view.... in Apollo it just loads all views. Movies button loads MovPic, Guide button loads TV guide, etc.... all other work fine. I can work around this by changing the Keyboard Input Plugin's code to force a Genre view.

Again, this is Wiz's baby. He likes it as is, so be it :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So what you are saying is that I have to not click the big tile but stay in menu if I want it to work right?
    For the moment, yes ;)

Again, I feel this is a design flaw.
    In your case, i can understand that. I simply use the Extended banner view and filter on Unwatched episodes, which is fine for my system.
    I already had a chat about this with Wizard and he'll probably make the hyperlinks configurable (as he has done for the 'others' menu). Then you can set the Hyperlink to Genres ;)
    So patience a little, my young padawan :p

I can work around this by changing the Keyboard Input Plugin's code to force a Genre view.
    Your workaround should be not focusing on the big tile, but simply pressing enter on the menu item. If you have Genre set, and you simply enter the TV Series plugin (from menu item) you will be fine. Also a TV Series shortcut on a remote should result in the same, but it's up to you to decide what is the best usecase for you ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If it was designed to be for everyone it would be a design flaw, but like i mentioned it was designed just for my use originally which is all tvseries on big tile and unwatched series on unwatched tile that simple but as homey mentioned i am going to make the parameter configurable like the plugins page so you set your own filter if you dont like default.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom