JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @wizard123,

I've been using your wonderful skin in my home HTPC set-up for a while now and it's great. I have been playing around with it a little and this is what I've done:
    • Moved the video preview screen to the lower right hand side of the programme description in the TV Guide
    • Aligned the genre key at the bottom with the left hand side of the programme name and description above it
    Both can be seen in the screen shot provided. Moving the video preview has the advantage of being a little bigger as well as revealing the "TV Guide" title and time that gets hidden when the video preview is visible at the top left position.

ApolloOne - TVGuide.png

I'd like to be able to complete this, including the video preview background still in the top left position of the screen shot included. I know I'd need to update the Home screen, TV recordings etc. but I would really appreciate a list of the file involved, if at all possible. If not, no worries, I'm can try and hunt them down myself.

What you do think of the changes? Ideally the programme description area would shorten or lengthen depending on whether the video preview is visible or not although I have no idea if this is possible, let alone how it would be implemented!

Anyway, that's my two-cents worth. Thanks for all your good work...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks good i think homey was doing the same thing, you should post it up in the mod section for others. I wouldnt add it to skin as default purely because it breaks the design flow of video screen being in top left in all screens. The background for the video preview can be found at the bottom of the tvguide.xml

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Tvguide_xxlines.xml if you know what i mean

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    And i thought i fixed the remember focus issue before the latest files but maybe not i now its fixed ready for next release at least.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wiz, i think you confuse ;)... last version that you post is V1.0.0.3, and the fix is in v1.0.0.4 ... not out yet :p:D
    And i thought i fixed the remember focus issue before the latest files but maybe not i now its fixed ready for next release at least.
    Latest released package does include it:
    <rememberLastFocusedControl>yes</rememberLastFocusedControl>

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Release already :love:
    (tongue sticking out - heavy breathing...)
    I want the extended menu thing too :D

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    @Lyfesaver74 i don't have anything to do with the releases of MP but if you fancied putting something PR related together for Apollo that would be pretty darn cool ;) don't worry if your busy though :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No, I am not busy and planned to do so. Wanted to finish reading on how to skin so I can edit some xmls first tho :) But yes, usually when I find a new skin or plugin that is helpful I like to promote it.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Sounds good, there will be an update sometime over the weekend or monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom