Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (2 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just noticed something from Apollo Darkness - when I move the cursor box to the just added movies the overlay appears (the gray play symbol) but the tile background image disappears, leaving just the play symbol.
    Can someone please confirm - or is it me?

Attachments

• image1.png
      image1.png
      870 KB
    • image2.png
      image2.png
      583.8 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would look at the statistics :) Maybe you're right, maybe not. All the same, if you do everything nice and comfortable, it only helps, but does not interfere.

Well, in the shoes of a lot of bother me. Icon with the user (which is still running, and that it is spinning) for me this extra information in a HTPC. Free space that reduces the amount of output information, etc. But it is for me, someone is needed.

I'd prefer to have space than overloading skins with information, that make users not seeing the important things any more. Just checked the icons, adding them would make the skin look like a sticker album ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'd prefer to have space than overloading skins with information,
    Why the free space on the screen, if it is lost? If it does not occupy more information, then it is better to take it with information that is already there. Expand the boundaries.
    Just checked the icons, adding them would make the skin look like a sticker album
    There are people who perceive the text information is worse than the graphics.

I like very convenient to see who got the award the film, and the rating, you can immediately otseit should watch it or not. Just for the information that this film got restrictions on parental rating. But media portals do not have such properties fall to Use descriptive part. :(

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why the free space on the screen, if it is lost? If it does not occupy more information, then it is better to take it with information that is already there. Expand the boundaries.
    You can create a theme with all the infos.
    My Opinion:
    Free space is not lost, it makes you concentrate on the important things and relax. If I see the overloaded skins with colorful information in every corner I feel pain :D One example is Kodi, with all the fruit symbols in every place. Once I installed it and was not sure, if this is advertisement for a fruit shop or related to the software.:LOL:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    One example is Kodi, with all the fruit symbols in every place
    I did not see the fruit. :)
    Free space is not lost, it makes you concentrate on the important things and relax.
    That information is now there, would take up more space, then it would be this place would be filled. And so it disappears.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just noticed something from Apollo Darkness - when I move the cursor box to the just added movies the overlay appears (the gray play symbol) but the tile background image disappears, leaving just the play symbol.
    Can someone please confirm - or is it me?
    Are you using myvideos as your latest info ? if so i think i fixed this in the latest files for next release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom