Apollo One (3 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    your skin certainly looks ok from but against current xbmc / kodi skins he is not demanding
    I can't see the point in your post ? the skin is no where near complete which is plainly obvious if you follow the thread :rolleyes:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    your skin certainly looks ok from but against current xbmc / kodi skins he is not demanding
    I agree, that KODI has some interesting skins with lot of features. But for me this is also the problem. With too many features, informations, options one can easily loose the overview. I felt with all KODI skins overloaded.

Apollo One is very lean and clear. I also asked in the beginning about fanarts in the background etc., meanwhile I'm convinced, that those features are not necessary :)
    But of course there are missing features in Apollo One. Since it's in deleopment they will come step by step. Introduction of DX11 means also, that lot of nice effects can be added.

PS: Maybe you are not native english (me neither), but it was hard to get your message. Would be better being more precise next time

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have some more suggestions (better wishes) to implement.

First. Is it possible to show season and episodes numbers in EPG like it is possible in MP1 EPG? I'm really missing this in MP2.

Second. Is it possible to have a list of upcoming scheduled recordings? We only have a management for schedules series recordings, but nothing for the upcoming shedules...

Third. Is it possible to reduce the columns in Grid view by one to get a bit more space for the Fanart. As it is now there is too much cut of at the sides for my taste. At least when it gives a "Fanart-" Theme for Apollo One as the actual fanart is a interim solution until "favourites" are ready. For me the temporal solution with fanart instead of favourites is definitely the preferred one...

I can provide screenshots or mockups if my wishes are not clear enough.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First. Is it possible to show season and episodes numbers in EPG like it is possible in MP1 EPG? I'm really missing this in MP2.
    Second. Is it possible to have a list of upcoming scheduled recordings? We only have a management for schedules series recordings, but nothing for the upcoming shedules...
    I'm afraid I can't work on TV part directly next weeks. But I get your points...

hird. Is it possible to reduce the columns in Grid view by one to get a bit more space for the Fanart. As it is now there is too much cut of at the sides for my taste. At least when it gives a "Fanart-" Theme for Apollo One as the actual fanart is a interim solution until "favourites" are ready. For me the temporal solution with fanart instead of favourites is definitely the preferred one...
    The width of grid and right cover is only a constant value that can be overriden by a theme.

Yes, good idea! It helps to keep track of ideas and wishes. Maybe place them into a new thread?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi.
    I have some more suggestions (better wishes) to implement.

Third. Is it possible to reduce the columns in Grid view by one to get a bit more space for the Fanart. As it is now there is too much cut of at the sides for my taste. At least when it gives a "Fanart-" Theme for Apollo One as the actual fanart is a interim solution until "favourites" are ready. For me the temporal solution with fanart instead of favourites is definitely the preferred one...

Your first two points are more core features than skin features really, the season and episode info in tvguide would go in next to the title like in tvseries if available.
    Third point like Morpheus says will be themes eventually but i get what your saying about the fanart, it was never designed to be for fanart originally which is why it's not been changed yet.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I agree, that KODI has some interesting skins with lot of features. But for me this is also the problem. With too many features, informations, options one can easily loose the overview. I felt with all KODI skins overloaded.

Apollo One is very lean and clear. I also asked in the beginning about fanarts in the background etc., meanwhile I'm convinced, that those features are not necessary :)
    But of course there are missing features in Apollo One. Since it's in deleopment they will come step by step. Introduction of DX11 means also, that lot of nice effects can be added.

PS: Maybe you are not native english (me neither), but it was hard to get your message. Would be better being more precise next time
    Exactly Apollo is designed to be lean,clean and more modern in design, most kodi skins are overcrowded or recycle the same skin over and over.
    Experience 1080 is the only kodi skin i like but even that is not new.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Watched movies in poster view have a red tab at the bottom of the movie poster, watched in listview already has an icon in the sub menu line to the left of genre.

Attachments

• Apollo_movie_watched.jpg
      Apollo_movie_watched.jpg
      1.2 MB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you also attach the images for the list view style ("eye")?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom