Apollo One (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is real fun, some more lines of code and xaml, now we already have this:
    1) The default "MediaHub" screen (localizations not yet done)
    20140318_2-GroupedTab_MediaHub.jpg

2) If no further configuration was done, all other menu items will be grouped int "Others"
    20140318_2-GroupedTab_Othersjpg.jpg

This means we already have defined screens with fixed items and a place where all other menu items will be shown (also dynamic ones like "fullscreen" or "currently playing")

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    this is great really great, my personal opinion is that the skin ( or lack of ) holds a lot of people back from moving to mp2 or even tryin it and things like this can really change that once implemented ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    @morpheus_xx Is it possible for you to do a short video on getting started / opening tools and files then adding a few elements to the homescreen ?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need to explain some differences to MP1.

For all skins we have a "home" screen. For ApolloOne it looks like: https://github.com/morpheusxx/Media...polloOne/screens/master_homemenu.xaml#L20-L26

It mainly contains two ListViews: On top is the "group" selection, in center the actual MenuItems of selected group (this feature I added yesterday, any other MP2 skin shows all Items in home!)
    XML:
        <ControlTemplate x:Key="Client_Template">
          <DockPanel LastChildFill="True" Margin="115,-100,0,-40">
            <DockPanel.Resources>
              <!--<Model x:Key="MenuModel" Id="9E9D0CD9-4FDB-4c0f-A0C4-F356E151BDE0"/>-->
              <Model x:Key="MenuModel" Id="EBA16B93-B669-4162-9CA2-CB1D5E267EC3"/>
            </DockPanel.Resources>

<ListView x:Name="GroupList" DockPanel.Dock="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Style="{ThemeResource HomeGroupListViewStyle}"
                VerticalAlignment="Stretch"
                ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource MenuModel},Path=MainMenuGroupList,Mode=OneTime}">
              <ListView.Resources>
                <CommandBridge x:Key="Menu_Command" Command="{Binding Path=Command,Mode=OneTime}"/>
              </ListView.Resources>
            </ListView>

<ap:GridListView x:Name="MainMenu" DockPanel.Dock="Left" Style="{ThemeResource HomeMenuListViewStyle}" Margin="0,70,0,0"
                VerticalAlignment="Stretch" SetFocusPrio="Fallback"
                ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource MenuModel},Path=PositionedMenuItems,Mode=OneTime}">
              <ap:GridListView.Resources>
                <CommandBridge x:Key="Menu_Command" Command="{Binding Path=Command,Mode=OneTime}"/>
              </ap:GridListView.Resources>
            </ap:GridListView>
          </DockPanel>
        </ControlTemplate>

All design is applied then by styles:
    • the HomeGroupListViewStyle uses a horizontal StackPanel to show buttons from left to right.
    • the HomeMenuListViewStyle uses a GridPanel that contains the placed menu items

then adding a few elements to the homescreen ?
    Do you mean new Menu "Buttons" (1) or other "widgets" (2) like a weather info (like Titanium).

(2) would be required to add some XAML code to home (or master_bare, which is the master template).

(1) would not require code or xaml, only a change in settings:

I now read the predefined "button" positions from a setting:
    https://github.com/morpheusxx/Media...c48#diff-5e7d4c8910aeb650fa3c7d1b00281a71R201

For placing a button in the container I would need to add the buttons WorkflowActionId as key and then define the Grid position and size. This is were a kind of "designer" would help to place the items into the right container and positions.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok so say i wanted to take what you have and work on it too, what do i need ?

I guess i would like both 1 and 2

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You will need:
    Unfortunately there is still no visual designer available, that would work on MP2 files directly. :( So I use Expression Blend to design only core elements (button style, OSD style) and then copy the markup into related MP2 styles.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I see i see, i'm starting to get it now it's fairly confusing due to this lol. So if i open the project and make some changes how do i then export it or publish it and use it in mp2 to test the results ?

Also i don't see the Apollo project in the link you posted ? Is it the FEAT ApolloOne branch ? Apologies if there is too many questions lol.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it the FEAT ApolloOne branch ?
    Yes, exactly.

So if i open the project and make some changes how do i then export it or publish it and use it in mp2 to test the results ?
    I usually do modification in MP2-xaml screens directly inside MP2, hit "F6" to compile (and copy modified screens to output dir!), then run MP2 (without debug CTRL-F5). As MP2 starts in 1 or 2 seconds, it's fast enough to me to see changes inside MP2 GUI.

If there is something wrong in XAML, it will switch back to Default skin.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Do we have a " team copy " of VS 2013 which includes blend ? the old expression blend no longer works saying trial has expired but won't let you re activate the key.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I took a zip of the branch and tried to copy the ApolloOne skin folder out of there into Plugins/skin for mp2 client directory but i can't switch to the skin in mp2 do i need to build in vs before i can do this ?
    I'm guessing i need a plugin.xml file.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom