Apollo One (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It will replace the bottom right corner in all movie/music/series etc in grid view, just need to check it works in listviews etc too.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It will replace the bottom right corner in all movie/music/series etc in grid view, just need to check it works in listviews etc too.
    Ok. Coming back to the mask: I sketched roughly what I need. The visible area should be black, the remaining area transparent. File format should be *.png.
    Basically I could also create the mask. But it would be better, if you check the gradient in the bottom area directly with your mock-up to achieve the same result. I guess you use photoshop, so you can test the mask directly.

music_p-jpg.163148.png

EDIT: I tried to apply similar masks in BlueVision and had problems when applying 2 masks on one object. One mask is for the rounded corners of the poster, this would be the second mask. I saw a strange frame around the posters then ... let's see.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Is it possible to lay png's oner the top of the grid view giving the same effect until someone can look into the multiple mask issue ? if not i will create the mask and see how we get on but this way will lose the drop shadow on top right item.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to lay png's oner the top of the grid view giving the same effect until someone can look into the multiple mask issue ?
    This is actually what I was going to do. The first mask is applied only to the poster image. The new mask is applied to the "grid view area".
    In bluevision I didn't use a png file as mask, but a gradient coded directly in xaml. The result is following:
    Unbenannt.jpg zoom.jpg
    In the bottom of the poster no problem, because anyway it's overlapped. But in the top you can see, that something is overlapping the focus frame.
    It's hard too see, but I know not find a way to prevent this.

EDIT: I fear it doesn't work. There are really strange effects in listview aswell.
    Unbenannt.png

Last edited:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Is that using masks ? looks like the top right corner will have to be an image over the grid.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The left "white" part I can understand. This is because the listview uses negativ margins, which are not known by the mask.
    But the graphic errors in the middle of the listview are 100% related to the usage of 2 masks.
    The strange thing is, in the grid view the problems only occur, when a mediaitem is focused. In the listview it happens directly.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    if you have a look on the last posts you will see, that there are problems with mutiple masks. If there is more than one mask for an item, graphic errors are caused in all view styles.
    I could not find a solution yet, but my approuch was more "try and error" principle than knowing potential root causes.
    Do you have an idea? isually more attactive, but due to this problems I gave up.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe problem no longer exists after D2D switch, but for now I don't have a solution

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 and @wizard123:

I plan to merge selected changes from BlueVision back into ApolloOne which are of generic nature (like certain missing listview styles). I'd also take over the media item's details (footer area).

Then I'll add a home screen capture for skin selection dialog, as AO doesn't have one yet.

With those changes I'd like to improve AO from the BV work done already. But I will not touch things like posters/banners, shadows a.s.o. This I would leave to you both to decide how it should look like.

Result should be available in Summer'15 release.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I wouldn't take the media item's details (footer area) as is, it needs laying out better for Apollo i.e less lines of plot with genre and things under title.
    Posters also need using instead of fanart and the views made wider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom