Apollo One (4 Viewers)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No devs are working on the code for it so no progress, i'm the designer and unfortunately due to MP2 using xaml instead of xml like MP1 i can not build it myself it requires a developer or xaml coder.
    In fact XAML is also xml, and in case of MP2, the files can be modified directly in Skin-Folder without any special software.
    So as long as the code behind models does not have to be changed, anyone could modify the skins.
    This does not mean that it is trivial, but possible.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes its based on xml but still nothing like it in practice, yes anyone can make small modifications but to build a full skin from scratch is unrealistic without knowledge of xaml.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but to build a full skin from scratch is unrealistic without knowledge of xaml.
    MP2 doesn't require this: the Default skin contains so many styles which can be changed in single places, without the need to create each screen from scratch. This is the main advantage that the skin must not know each screen, which makes it easy to support future, yet unkown screens.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It still requires xaml knowledge to create the styles that will apply across the skin so my comment still stands true and don't forget if a feature does not exit i.e you create a new design for menu structure, that will have to be coded just like the menu system in Apollo and BV has had to be.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It still requires xaml knowledge to create the styles that will apply across the skin so my comment still stands true and don't forget if a feature does not exit i.e you create a new design for menu structure, that will have to be coded just like the menu system in Apollo and BV has had to be.
    You are right: You need XAML knowledge to implement a skin for MP2.
    But you also need specific MP1 skin XML knowledge to implement a MP1 skin, right?
    So I see using XAML instead of 'custom' xml syntax as an advantage, because also people with WPF background know XAML.
    If nobody told you that MP2 uses XAML, but says it's just a bunch of XML files, what then?
    But to be honest, I create my own 'custom' XML syntax for most of my other projects too :whistle:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I wrote in my last unanswered PM, I'm still available to realize this skin! I just do not want to drive the skin project, I wait for task packages.
    @wizard123 is unfortunately right, for generating a new skin dev support is necessary. I mean this not only for MenuModels, but also for some creating some effects or bugfixing in MPF etc.
    Main reason, why I could not proceed further was, that MPF did not allow to realize the mock-ups. It is not possible to add two masks over each other without resulting in graphic errors.
    Possibility 1 is, that the mock-ups are always changed according to the potential of MPF (as I did for BV) or (Possiblity 2) a Dev overworks some parts and supports for implementing effects, that can not be copied from previous skins. For the second possibility we would need a candidate, who knows some xaml, #C and most important can offer some time. And here we have the problem, all Devs are already full with tasks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom