App available to download backdrops, posters, trailers, subs, and movie info (1 Viewer)

Mr. V

Portal Pro
September 15, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
There's an application called Media Center Master for Windows Media Center to Put the backdrop, cover art and movie info into your movie folder.

You can go to moving pictures setting and add *.xml to importer settings and add this extension.

This software also includes a directory renamer and can add the year to the end of the file name.

Great piece of software and has seemed made the movie importer match more movies.

Media Center Master official website

Also handle TV series and rename them too.
Along with auto trailer downloader and subtitle downloader.

Have a look and try it. It is a very good piece of software.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
i guess you can use it to download cover, backdrops, subtitles into your movie folder
it's not really needed because moving pictures does most of that too.

One thing i really liked seeing on one of the screenshots was that they had a really nice actor view (with pictures) somewhere - with pictures, ...

would be nice if moving pictures could integrate that one day (maybe into a second database) that lists actors, all their movies (and highlights the ones you have in mp).
From what i have seen the tvdb has all that info.

rasmuskarlsen

Portal Pro
October 9, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
i guess you can use it to download cover, backdrops, subtitles into your movie folder
it's not really needed because moving pictures does most of that too.

One thing i really liked seeing on one of the screenshots was that they had a really nice actor view (with pictures) somewhere - with pictures, ...

would be nice if moving pictures could integrate that one day (maybe into a second database) that lists actors, all their movies (and highlights the ones you have in mp).
From what i have seen the tvdb has all that info.

Ya but why post it in Moving Pictures categori... If the program mentioned in this thread can download trailers, subtitles etc etc. How would you use it!? Moving pictures can show the trailers!? hmm....

sjcato

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
I tried it out. As somebody said, most of what it does is already covered, so my main interest was to see what trailers it would find. Not the best - but further investigation showed that that is not really the authors fault. Matching is OK on the latest blockbusters, but fell off rapidly for any others. I examined one of the sites it searches in some detail (movie-list.com) - there are some trailers they self host on their 'Classics' page, but most of the site is just links, and more broken links than a derelict chain factory. Hollywood simply takes the stuff down after about a year. Maybe someone from that LA suburb could explain why trailers are vital to cinema/movie theater audiences - but unnecessary for DVD/Blu-Ray sales, because I don't understand that. My take-home lesson from this was grab trailers for your movies while they are 'hot', even if Moving Pictures can't use them yet - they may be a lot harder to find when you actually need them - unless you are happy with low res ones with large YouTube logos.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I got obsessive about collecting trailers back a couple of years ago then it dropped off for a while since I couldn't link them to movies very easily. I think I have about 40GB of them somewhere.

I can say from experience that downloading and keeping them is brilliant and one day when it's integrated into MP properly, I think it will become a "must have". For one thing, when there's nothing worth watching, it's fun to just spend 30 minutes watching random trailers for movies you've never heard of. What would be ideal is to then flag the movies you like in some way so that you can later watch the full movie (either by obtaining it or because it's already in your collection).

But back to the topic of this app, I tried it as well and it took 20 hours to collect all the info for my movie collection. Useless, but perhaps the info that it's collected may be used by MP some day. It's certainly an all-in-one solution for generating a lot of extra info and would save a lot of dev time to use this thing rather than code it all again.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    I got obsessive about collecting trailers back a couple of years ago then it dropped off for a while since I couldn't link them to movies very easily. I think I have about 40GB of them somewhere.

I can say from experience that downloading and keeping them is brilliant and one day when it's integrated into MP properly, I think it will become a "must have". For one thing, when there's nothing worth watching, it's fun to just spend 30 minutes watching random trailers for movies you've never heard of. What would be ideal is to then flag the movies you like in some way so that you can later watch the full movie (either by obtaining it or because it's already in your collection).

But back to the topic of this app, I tried it as well and it took 20 hours to collect all the info for my movie collection. Useless, but perhaps the info that it's collected may be used by MP some day. It's certainly an all-in-one solution for generating a lot of extra info and would save a lot of dev time to use this thing rather than code it all again.

20 hours thats a long time. Only seemed to take me a couple of hours for 250+ movies.
    It will have trouble if there are small spelling errors in the movie name. Also having the year at the end of the movie name helps.

I used this app with windows media center and it was a very useful tool. Media Portal if far superior so had to ditch it.

I agree it is an all in one solution. If it were only possible that mediaportal could somehow reference the mymovie.xml file it creates, so it could display the information contained. If this could only be done via the skin file?

I pretty sure it even creates a link in the mymovie.xml to the trailer it downloads.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Moving Pictures can read the .xml file when it parses the movie folder, if you add it in the advanced options

would be cool if someone made a hack for moving pictures, that if it detects trailer.mov in same folder as a movie file in the database it adds an option to play trailer in addition to play movie.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Moving Pictures can read the .xml file when it parses the movie folder, if you add it in the advanced options

would be cool if someone made a hack for moving pictures, that if it detects trailer.mov in same folder as a movie file in the database it adds an option to play trailer in addition to play movie.

I was aware of this, but i only though it looks for the IMDB number. There's a lot of other valuable information there such as the plot, file type, actors ect.

The think data contained in the mymovies.xml could be used via a script. Instead of retrieving the information from the web site it could be retrieved locally. This would help if your data base became corrupt or dont have a backup. So no data would have to be downloaded again because it is contained within the movie folder.

Can anyone comment if this could be done. I would be willing to give it a go if someone could point me in the wright direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom