App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (2 Viewers)

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

RoChess do you still have a version of your scraper that will import the pre-0.5 files without character problems? The reason I ask is because I just recently switched over to the new RC's for everything and the nfo import for Moving Pictures led to incorrect characters being imported into my current database (as knives referenced, bruno was not correctly loaded and many other foreign films). I'd like to reimport from the nfo's I have now and then rerun the App to Copy* script after everything has been initally imported correctly with 0.5+.

Yes, use the attached scraper to force ISO-8859-1 encoding on your existing NFO files. Since this is a seperate scraper, be sure to adjust the priority level, so it gets used before the default XBMC scraper.

Thanks, scraper worked fine. I should be good to go now... reran the new backup script and should be perfect for the future.

CESSI

Portal Pro
February 19, 2009
Home Country
Belarus Belarus

Thank you very much! Everything works fine !!!!!!

BlueBomber

Portal Member
February 1, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

This app is fantastic, and should almost be built into MovingPictures.

Are there plans to make turn this into an official plugin?

Keep up the good work!

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009

Thank you for all your help RoChess and jmcentire, everything seems to be in order now with the special characters and everything imports correctly. Thanks again!

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009

Actually I think I just came across another issue, which again I'm not sure what the cause is. I used the newest version of the Artwork/Info copier to make new .nfo files and have set the XBMC 1.0.2 Scraper as my main scraper source. I did a test with the movie "First Blood", which I have sorted as "Rambo 1". The .nfo file has the title as<title>First Blood</title> and the sort title as <sorttitle>rambo 1</sorttitle>, which are both right. However, after importing this movie fresh into Moving Pictures using XBMC 1.0.2 scraper, it seems to ignore the sort by information, keeping it as "first blood". I'm not sure if this is an issue because of the way the .nfo files are created, or if it is the way the XBMC scraper is grabbing information. I figured I would just throw this out there and see if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks! :)

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Actually I think I just came across another issue, which again I'm not sure what the cause is. I used the newest version of the Artwork/Info copier to make new .nfo files and have set the XBMC 1.0.2 Scraper as my main scraper source. I did a test with the movie "First Blood", which I have sorted as "Rambo 1". The .nfo file has the title as<title>First Blood</title> and the sort title as <sorttitle>rambo 1</sorttitle>, which are both right. However, after importing this movie fresh into Moving Pictures using XBMC 1.0.2 scraper, it seems to ignore the sort by information, keeping it as "first blood". I'm not sure if this is an issue because of the way the .nfo files are created, or if it is the way the XBMC scraper is grabbing information. I figured I would just throw this out there and see if anyone else is having this problem. Thanks! :)

It looks to me like the <sorttitle> tags are correct according to the xbmc format, so we will probably have to wait for rochess to reply, or you could ask in the xbmc scraper thread.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

If somebody could supply me with a few XBMC NFO files zipped up, then I can go over the scraper properly. Like 3-5, and attach them to a reply.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009

If somebody could supply me with a few XBMC NFO files zipped up, then I can go over the scraper properly. Like 3-5, and attach them to a reply.
    I zipped up some of the .nfo files created by version 0.5.1 of the Info/Artwork copier and have included the zip file in this post. I hope that these are helpful for you and are what you were looking for.

Thanks!

Attachments

• nfo files.zip
      30.6 KB

kcpent

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Lake Macquarie
    Home Country

Hey, don't know if this helps anybody, but I am using the latest version of the application, and have found that whilst most of my movies had nfo files created properly, including Bruno, which has the fully letter ü in it, any movie with the & symbol was ignored. i will post a copy of the log. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know, otherwise i will simply change the & to an and and rescan.

View attachment 58291

Jocker_Boy

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Lisbon
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

For organize my movies, i use Ember Media Manager, i think it's almost perfect.
    Moving Pictures can use the *.nfo created by Ember Media Manager?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom