App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (4 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I do not want to get rid of the Genre folders that I use, just incase I ever add a MediaGate/etc box to my network again, which are mainly text-navigational based.

Since your script already uses the MovingPictures database to pull the right information to create the NFO files, I figured it would be much easier to adjust it to do the folder structure shuffle, then adjusting the folder script you mention to work with the database. Ideally it would alter the MovingPictures database as well to reflect the new location, so that a full re-import is not needed (mainly to retain the watched-flag).

Not my script, belongs to jmcentre. Actually in moving pictures issues tracker, there is a suggestion to allow moving pictures to rename folders/filenames, so perhaps that feature will be integrated into moving pictures in the future. If you wanted it to rename using genres folders as well, the potential issue would be that most movies have more than one genre assigned to them.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, I just want the folder 'tool' to leave my existing folder structure alone.

So "D:\Movies\Sci-Fi\Star Wars.avi" is put into "D:\Movies\Sci-Fi\Star Wars (1977)\Star Wars.avi" using the existing folder location as starting point for the movie folder to be created into, as well as leave the current filename alone.

And I know what you mean regarding multiple genres, because I do sometimes overrule the main genre selection from imdb.com and use my own. For example I got a folder "ComicBook Adaptations" in which I not only put movies in such as "Watchmen", but also "Transformers", because I like those type of movies together (also makes filtering my own Genres on MovingPictures easier this way because I can create a filter based on the foldername).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Since jmcentire was nice enough to share the source code, I'll have to take a peek myself and see if I can make sense out of it. It will probably take me a lot longer, so I was hoping for the author or a programmer to jump in :D

The folder creation part would be ideal, but for the time being I'll settle to make the movie_filename.nfo request I initially made to work. I'm hoping that's an easy fix to begin with if I have to do it myself, and time permitted can look into the tougher part of my situation to redo the folder setup.

dongadomski

Portal Member
    November 29, 2009
    Hi jmcentire,

in the meantime, I tried some ansi2unicode etc. in autohotkey and using a call to stringconverter as an external tool. Nothing of this works for me. The only way that I could solve the issue was pausing the script, converting the csv files manually to ANSI and DOS by pspad and enable the script again.

Did you have a chance to look into the script to solve the issue?

Bye
    DonGadomski

clahti

Portal Member
    November 19, 2008
    Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

So I will ask the obvious, since the new version of Moving Pictures will have an XBMC scraper could this program be modified to write the nfo in XBMC format? This would be excellent for multiseat installations like myself, I use a single instance of Moving Pictures to maintain my collection, fix cover/fan art, add missing info, etc. I use this excellent program to write out the artwork to each movie folder so my other two HTPC's can just grab these locally when they update. Getting all the data locally too would be perfect so my other boxes can take advantage of all of my tweaks to the data, not just artwork.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Sorry, just realized I hadn't been receiving notifications on new posts....so I'll try to catch up....

Since jmcentire was nice enough to share the source code, I'll have to take a peek myself and see if I can make sense out of it. It will probably take me a lot longer, so I was hoping for the author or a programmer to jump in :D

The folder creation part would be ideal, but for the time being I'll settle to make the movie_filename.nfo request I initially made to work. I'm hoping that's an easy fix to begin with if I have to do it myself, and time permitted can look into the tougher part of my situation to redo the folder setup.

I planned on adding a prepend movie name option to all the files it creates and most of the code is already there, just never finished it, I'll see if I have time today to get to it. For the folder names, it would be possible, however having it update the MP database as well would add quite a bit of work to it. Also if I start moving files around and changing the database, I would like the problem below fixed first.

Hi jmcentire,

in the meantime, I tried some ansi2unicode etc. in autohotkey and using a call to stringconverter as an external tool. Nothing of this works for me. The only way that I could solve the issue was pausing the script, converting the csv files manually to ANSI and DOS by pspad and enable the script again.

Did you have a chance to look into the script to solve the issue?

Bye
    DonGadomski

I looked into it a little bit, but with the holidays I've been a little distracted. I'll take a look again and see what I can find.

So I will ask the obvious, since the new version of Moving Pictures will have an XBMC scraper could this program be modified to write the nfo in XBMC format? This would be excellent for multiseat installations like myself, I use a single instance of Moving Pictures to maintain my collection, fix cover/fan art, add missing info, etc. I use this excellent program to write out the artwork to each movie folder so my other two HTPC's can just grab these locally when they update. Getting all the data locally too would be perfect so my other boxes can take advantage of all of my tweaks to the data, not just artwork.

I haven't had a chance to try out the new version yet, but if there is already a scraper for nfo files it would probably be much easier to change the format of my nfo than write my own scraper. Do you have the details on the format of the xbmc nfo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom