App to Create or Rename Folders based on Info from Moving Pictures (1 Viewer)

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
New Version 0.2!!! (Updated first post)

You can now enable the app to organize your movies into genres. It uses the first genre listed in Moving Pictures which is usually it's main genre and creates a subfolder for that genre inside your movie directory's parent directory.

Example(when rename existing is not checked, Setup Genres Enabled, Year in brackets enabled):
"C:\Movies\Anchorman.avi" would become "C:\Movies\Comedy\Anchorman; The Legend of Ron Burgundy [2004]\Anchorman.avi"

Example(when rename existing is checked, Setup Genres Enabled, Year in brackets enabled):
"C:\Movies\Anchorman\Anchorman.avi" would become "C:\Movies\Comedy\Anchorman; The Legend of Ron Burgundy [2004]\Anchorman.avi"

Also VIDEO_TS folders are now detected and the app renames the parent dir instead of the VIDEO_TS folder. Example:
"C:\Movies\Anchorman\VIDEO_TS\*" would become "C:\Movies\Anchorman; The Legend of Ron Burgundy [2004]\VIDEO_TS\*" (Also works with genres enabled)

newborn_

February 26, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
I've done a mess...
I've organized my movies in this way:
/movies/A/Apocalypto...
/movies/B/Bewolf
etc..

I ran your program to compact all the movies under the genre folder and the result now is this

/movie/a/drama/Apocalypto
/movies/b/sci-fi/Bewolf...

damn! How can I fix this?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
There should be a backup of your moving pictures database in the same folder as the folder organizer app. Move all your movies back to their original location, then replace the current moving pics database with the backup.

newborn_

February 26, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
There should be a backup of your moving pictures database in the same folder as the folder organizer app. Move all your movies back to their original location, then replace the current moving pics database with the backup.
It'll take too much time!! (I've got 250 movies).. I'm letting the files as they are now..
btw, is there no possibility to create the categories in the main folder and group all the files there?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
Not as the app is now, if you know autohotkey at all I can give you the current source and you could modify it to suit your collection.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It'll take too much time!! (I've got 250 movies).. I'm letting the files as they are now..
    btw, is there no possibility to create the categories in the main folder and group all the files there?

If you are running MovingPictures v1.0 RC, then the internal hashbased verification system will take care of it auto.

So all you have to do is make 26 (assuming you even have movies for every letter in the alphabet) mass folder moves to the root folder. MovingPictures will detect that it is the same movie, because the hash matches and it will only update the folder location metadata in the database.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    tidier.
    some movies have 2 parts
    some movies have seperate subtitle file

if you have 500 files then it is very slow to open the directory, whereas 500 subfolders are faster.

newborn_

February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

So all you have to do is make 26 (assuming you even have movies for every letter in the alphabet) mass folder moves to the root folder. MovingPictures will detect that it is the same movie, because the hash matches and it will only update the folder location metadata in the database.

could you please explain this sentence? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom