Apple iPhone Web-Based Remote (1 Viewer)

PrplHaz4

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Boston, MA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If I could watch my mp recordings anywhere on my phone that would be absolutely amazing!!!

First of all the web app should let you control the mediaportal from the iphone in an easy way, like the OP posted about the XBMC project.
Would be so nice to control which music is playing, change playlists, control the volume etc wherever you are in the house!

You have other applications on the iphone to see recorded tv, movies etc on the iphone, example ORBLive.

I think the Orb Mycast iPhone App would be a great one to model for the MP iPhone remote....that's a pretty easy way to get the UI, but I think you'd need to compile a custom web server to interface with the MP API, as I don't think it's web-service enabled. I suppose you could probably write a .Net library that would interface with the MP API, and hit that library from the .Net app that is serving the pages to your phone...

at some point, you begin mirroring the MP Web Interface application that's already been produced...it seems to make the most sense to just extend this to include things other than TV (which it works very well for).

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there. I'm searching for a way to have some kind of Mediaportal Client for Mobilephones or a Webpage that looks like Mediaportal Client. That would be really cool.Everything that has Wifi and a Webbrowser can access Mediaportal, like a iPhone or a WindowsMobile Device or even a Notebook. I can see me sitting in my Bath Tub relaxing and zapping through LiveTV with my iPhone....

Does anyone know the Webinterface of an DBOXII with Neutrino as OS??? You can watch TV and Zap Channels, listen to Radio, start Recording...... i would be very happy having something like that for Mediaportal. There are some advantages having a WebGUI. You could run Mediaportal on PC's wich dont meet the minimum Hardware Requirements like a huge Graficcard. But there would be a problem using and iPhone or Windows Mobile Device... either you need a special Software for using Mediaportal on iPhone/WM, or you need a Player wich integrates in the Webbrowser of the phone for watching livestreams......

It would be a Killer App: Mediaportal Client for Apple iPhone and Windows Mobile Devices

Regards

Dirk

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
I don't know if this is exactly what you guys are looking for but you would be able to control MediaPortal with your iPhone or iPod touch but as a remote control and not so much for navigation like the XMBC app.

My application is almost done and is a Native iPhone application NOT a web interface. So it runs fast since it is Native. You can assign the remote commands to do pretty much whatever you want in MediaPortal and since this remote doesn't need "line-of-sight" you could put your home theatre PC in the closet finally!

Just thought i would post my progress here and I am almost done and ready to release to the AppStore.

Intelliremote iPhone/iPod Touch Client

Let me know what you guys think....

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
That looks pretty cool. Will you just see the buttons on the iphone screen? Or are you making it show other details as well?

Ah, it's not MP specific, it's just a remote emulator in effect. Still pretty cool though.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
That looks pretty cool. Will you just see the buttons on the iphone screen? Or are you making it show other details as well?

Ah, it's not MP specific, it's just a remote emulator in effect. Still pretty cool though.

Correct, it just emulates a remote and on the PC you can have tons of profiles for the different applications you use like MP. And have it map functions to whatever you want.

Beechus

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Middlands
Home Country
England England
I'm bumping my own thread :) The SDK has been out now for some time. It someone with experience in obj-c to do this. MythTV have already done this. I'd love to see it. I'm on the Apple Developer program, anyone who wants to help with development PM me.

iefow

Portal Member
June 30, 2008
Let's bump this thread ;)

I'm also looking for an app that works like the XMBC one. Not just the buttons I have on my remote as well, but more like " interactive buttons". That give a user the possibility to pick movies/series, maybe even show details AND the usual pauze and play functions. Is there something available yet? The intelliremote one looks nice and I'm sure it works great, but those functions are on me regular remote as well ;)

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
iefow,

I have created similar controlling apps for MediaMonkey and JRMC for the iPhone iPod. You can check them both out from my site Melloware - Creative And Useful Software . I had thought about creating a similar one for MediaPortal but have decided not to for two reasons:

1. I have been told my contributions to the MP forums are no longer required. I have been asked to stop posting here on the MediaPortal Forums by MP Community Members. ( which I am violating now).

2. Because MP is open source and no will will PAY for an iPhone or iPod app if its not Free like MP. Unfortunately it's just too much a time sink to do something that takes that amount of time and skill for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom