[confirm] Apple Lossless M4A - Stops playing audio after 5 seconds (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I have been trying out various audio types to see how things are working and I have found that my .m4a tracks don't work correctly.

Everything seems fine when I initially press play and the music sounds fine, however after about 5 seconds the music abruptly stops with a horrid screeching and hissing noise, then silence - but the track keeps counting up as if it were still playing.

Once the error has occurred, the menu system seems to keep responding, until I either press stop, or try to select another track to play, at which time the menu freezes and I have to kill the MP2Client task to recover.

This happens with all my .m4a tracks (all ripped using itunes 10.5.3).

Also, the audio visualisation equaliser (which I really like), lags the music by about 1-2 seconds (which I like less ;)).

Clean logs attached.

Robbo100

(P.S I am currently adding my system specs to the new forum, so they will be correct in the next 10 mins if required)

Attachments

• Music Playback Problem.zip
      9.1 KB

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Damn, there's nothiing in your logs, not even a small error.

Two questions please before I try : Is your server on the same computer than the client ? And can you provide the server logs please ? I'm very frustrated I see nothing :(

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    The client and server are on different computers.

Logs attached from both to this thread. (I played the music, waited for the behaviour above and then quit MP2Client without pressing stop (so that the client did not lock-up))

Please let me know if you need more detail.

Robbo100

Attachments

• m4a problem.zip
      11.7 KB

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Oh, and just to add to the mystery, I have just tried it using the server in single seat mode and the problem DIDN"T happen!

Both PCs are setup with default directsound device set. The system that works is using the motherboard's onboard analogue realtek sound card and the system with the failure is outputting the audio via the HDMI port on my ATI5450HD GPU.

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Is there a way for you to try to use the embeded audio chipset instead of the HDMI output for the unworking client ?

There's a setting in the players/codecs section to choose the audio renderer...

Many thanks for your help.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I plugged in some headphones to the front socket on the case and set the system to accept this input. However the same fault occurred!

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Attached are two videos that show what is happening (they also show the delay in the visualisation too - but this is obviously trivia in comparison to the main problem)

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, forgot to mention that threads between the audio player and the visualization are not synchronized by desing at the moment. I still hope it will change in the future, it also bugs me as a musician ;)

I will assume the problem is present even if you don't try to look at the visualization...

Then I can see 2 potential problems here :
    • m4a that are not correctly handeled by bass player
    • and/or a network problem
    I'll exclude a render problem at the moment, but not totally.

I'll try to reproduce the problem here once I have my laptop back. And maybe I'll have to run a long debug session. Damn I hate BassPlayer plugin errors...

Thanks for the report!

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I will assume the problem is present even if you don't try to look at the visualization...

Sorry for the slow reply - yes it does. I put the visulisation up on the screen because I was not sure how well the audio would come across on the video I made.

Thanks for the report!
    - Thanks for the continued development of a fantastic product!

Robbo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom