Apple TV & mediaportal? (1 Viewer)

megadofer

Portal Member
December 28, 2007
Hi,
I know that question is some extrange but i would like to use apple tv with mediaportal. Well i supose that first of all i need to install Windows XP and after install mediaportal. I would like to use for TVClient.
It's possible?

thanks

plotto

Portal Member
October 4, 2007
AKL
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Has there been any update to this? Is it possible to use an AppleTV2 as a client to access the Mediaportal server?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    As far as I know AppleTV is ARM based, so there is no way to run MP or Windows on it. That might change when Windows 8 is released, but I wouldn't count on it. The only way I can think of is to install XBMC, and their frontend for MP TV-server

plotto

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    AKL
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the prompt reply. :D

So if I was to install the XBMC onto the ATV I could then access the MP Server? Is there somewhere I can get more information from? I can also install BOXEE onto the ATV is that a possibilty for having access to the MPServer?

The reason I ask, is that you will see in one of my posts I have a fairly good total home media set up. But I would like to get rid of the computers and cabling running the clients in all the other rooms, and utilize the rather cheap AppleTV boxes.

Any help much appreciated.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have never done it myself, but from what I've read XBMC does work on AppleTV, and they're working on a client for the MP TV-server, so in theory it should work. But you'll probably have to check out xbmc.org for the info you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom