Application not responding (2 Viewers)

barnonline

Portal Member
November 9, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
This is a 3 mactine setup, a server and two clients.
This is my second client, my first client went fine.

I installed mp2 on a machine where I uninstalled mp1.

Set up went fine until I went into Settings and selected the homeserver.

And after that I just got "the waiting circle" and it is unresponsive, I tried to let it run the entire night and no difference.
There is no significant cpu or network usage.

Logs enclosed.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-12-13-15.07.31.zip
    216.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

The client log says that it is already connected to the server, which is strange because you said that this is a new setup that you cannot connect to the MP2 server.
    [2018-12-13 15:05:20,570] [7177 ] [53 ] [INFO ] - ServerConnectionManager: Connected to home server '6d372f58-ccc1-42f4-af3f-1d13bdc269bb' at host 'media-Pc' (IP address: 'fe80::8144:6420:1b76:292')

Problems start when the client wants to wake up the server:
    [2018-12-13 15:05:20,603] [7211 ] [AMQ 'WakeOnLanPlugin'] [INFO ] - WakeOnLanClient: Updating server hardware address '00-22-68-69-92-35' for IP address 'fe80::8144:6420:1b76:292'
    [2018-12-13 15:05:20,834] [7442 ] [Thread123] [WARN ] - ServerStateService: Error getting states from the server
    UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPException: Error invoking action 'GetStates' ---> UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.UPnPRemoteException: Network error when invoking action 'GetStates': Den underliggende forbindelse blev lukket: Der opstod en uventet fejl ved modtagelse.

Is the behavior the same if the server PC is on when launching MP2 on this particular client PC?

The simplest and probably fastest way to get to a functional setup would be that you uninstall MP2 from this client, completely remove the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal directory and reinstall MP2. Then connect to the MP2 server once again. This will not affect your share settings but you need to redo your local setup, e.g. skin/theme selection.

barnonline

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I wrote that it became unresponsive, when I selected the server.

The server is allways on, it never sleeps.

I'll try your advice.

barnonline

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So I tried that, still the same result
    Then I did a complete re-installation of the machine and installed MP2
    Still same behaviour.

Log files enclosed

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-12-14-12.48.07.zip
      53 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The original error message says that the connection was refused by the server. That's why I would like to see the respective log rather than speculating. If it wasn't for the other client that is workig OK, I would think that the server firewall is kicking in. Now chances are that something is wrong with your network environment. Can you say more about your local setup, anything particular?

barnonline

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Server logs enclosed...

Regarding network, I don't think there is anything particular to mention, pretty vanilla.

I have not changed my network, I have only upgraded from MP1 (that worked) to MP2

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-12-14-21.54.45.zip
      4.8 MB

barnonline

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Update, after some fiddling around, I can see the tv guide but when I try to watch tv,I get this error:

Error invoking action timeshift.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Logs are in INFO mode, so there is limited information. Log level can easily be set to DEBUG using a fully working client to produce a more detailed server log.

Update, after some fiddling around, I can see the tv guide
    How did you achieve that? It means that the client is now connected.

I could think of two things:
    1. Firewall troubles (although this should be a all-or-nothing situation)
    2. Port 55555 being used by something else

Regarding firewalls you could try to switch off the firewall on your Win 10 client to see if this changes anything.
    Port 55555 is the UPnP listener. If there is any other software running on your machine(s) that uses 55555, the connection will not correctly work.

In your starting post you described a three machine setup. Is your other fully working client also a Win 10 1809 setup or are you using a different OS version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom