Are you an artist? Then this competition is for you! (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Chris. said:
... I would like to ask is it possible to NOT to have a standard menu for the MCE skin and perhaps find a different approach that doesn't require a menu topbar. I chose this skin because it was the cleanest and most elegent skin in my opinion and the least "computer like" of the choices available and I think adding a topbar menu of anykind would take away from this. Does anyone else agree with this? Any suggestions for an alternative?

It is just a competition and it is to get in fresh ideas. If we are lucky someone will have a great idea :), and as stated, you can turn the topbar off in setup if you are no fan off it.

Bodo 960

Portal Member
October 27, 2004
Koblenz
Hello,
let me try it with my next Skin.

It based also on Metal Media an is a little cleaner then my first one.
Perhaps a little to dark but the finetuning is still in work.

I need a little help by turning the Types from dark to bright. So that it can be read on the dark Scrollbar??

Have a look and tell me your how do you think about my work.

Special greeting to Harley , who is laying in the Turkye Sun. 8)

Good Night Bodo

the screenshots are here http://de.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/marcuskarau/my_photos

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I like the blue motive much better than the gold one.
    Gold is nice, but it hurts the eyes with its brightness.

And fonts must be of more contrast to the background, you are sure right with that..

Oops. Am I, as member of the judge of this competition entitled to say anything before the competition is over? :wink:

tomtom21000

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I modified the MCE skin to my own likings, and gave the OSD an overhaul (Origional takes up too much space). Will have a crack at designing something from scratch too if I have time.

Any ideas? I like the vibrant colours, but the TV Guide could do with more work :)

Can anyone help me get rid of the black gradients at either end of the channel part on the left of the TV Guide (Behind the channel icons)? I can't find where they're coming from.

home.jpg

news.jpg

osd.jpg

tv.jpg

logo.jpg

Bodo 960

Portal Member
    October 27, 2004
    Koblenz
    Hello,
    @ tomtom: You wrote it hurts in your eyes....sorry i dont want to hurt you :wink: .

I have only seen it on my Notebook were I´ve made it. So there the colours turn mor to dark red then to bright gold??

I have to put it on my PC ( when my daughter is not at Home and i have a chance to get on it ).

Is it possible to make the Fonts in other colours?? Have anybody a List from the Homexml or other?
    I need this Information for "stupid" people , because I didnt work with XML in my live bevore.

Greetings Bodo

Bodo 960

Portal Member
    October 27, 2004
    Koblenz
    So Hello,

i´ve tuned my Blue skin. Now i think the Buttons look better and no so overpressed.
    Whats your oppinion??

Also the Problem with the Font colour....is ther Help for me.

Bodo

Bodo 960

Portal Member
    October 27, 2004
    Koblenz
    Hello,
    I think I´m too stupid in XML editing.

At wednesday Harley can help me :D :D :D

So if anybody is interestet in having my Skins....how to do??
    I have no webspace for downloading or uploading Files.

I Think that the last finetuning is ready on Fiday or Saturday.

Greeting Bodo

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    I´m waiting for an answer from my ISP. I´m having some problems with them, but if they behave good, I have 100MB free webspace this week to host some skins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom