Artist images overwritten with lower quality (1 Viewer)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    TV-Server Version: MP1
    MediaPortal Version: MP1
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP3
    CPU Type: Intel C2D E8200
    HDD: WD 500Gb + WD 640Gb
    Memory: 2x 2Gb Geil Black Dragon
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R
    Video Card: HIS ATi 3870
    Video Card Driver: 8.12
    1. TV Card: BlackGold 6 in 1 BGT3540
    1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-S & Dual DVB-T
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink 8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ac3filter + ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 8 h.264
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: UK Freesat & UK Freeview
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2 Silver
    Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja
    Remote: MCE Remote via iMON OEM receiver
    TV: Panasonic TX-32LXD85
    TV - HTPC Connection: ATi DVI -> HDMI

Following on from the posts in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...bedded-id3-tags-not-working-49999/index5.html

I eventually managed to get high quality Artist images from LastFM by enabling Artist Image lookup in the 'Now Playing' section of MediaPortal Config (I've added some thoughts about this in the previous forum thread).

What seems to be happening now, is that if I go to the 'Now Playing' section of My Music when using MediaPortal, even though I have an artist image, it is still looking at LastFM for an artist image and is downloading them in low quality.

For example this is the image I had of Bon Iver:
    q2da3hq59dsldn3x7zqc_20725095.jpg

Whilst playing a track from his album and leaving MediaPortal on the Now Playing screen the above image was replaced with:
    2a3sm9smoo8j8y2doleu_onver.jpg

A resized image from Photos for Bon Iver ? Listen free and discover music at Last.fm

I've now disabled Artist Image lookups in the Now Playing section to hopefully stop this behaviour. Even if this function downloaded the high quality version from LastFM, I wouldn't want it to overwrite the existing image as I may have added my own images from gigs/festivals etc.

EDIT: I've realised that by disabling artist image lookups the LastFM Radio plugin now doesn't look so shiny, however, I'd prefer that than images being replaced with lower quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom