Artist shot in Now Playing Screen (1 Viewer)

benzo8

Portal Member
February 3, 2009
Hey Bleazle,

Just a thought... At the moment, the artist show that alternates with the CD cover often cuts the heads off the artist. If you divide a square into nine smaller squares and number them, it's like you're focusing on Square 5 - right in the middle - whereas most photographers will aim the heads for Square 2 - top row in the middle... So if the photo is the wrong shape, your skin ends up decapitating them!

Is it possible to focus on Square 2 and down, rather than Square 5 and up/down in your skin?

(Does this even make sense?)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...Does this even make sense?

Not really :mad::D:D:D

...Is it possible to focus on Square 2 and down, rather than Square 5 and up/down in your skin....

mmm... I don't think so (if I've understood what you mean). The dimensions in the skin/cd case are set to suit the CD cover - if I change them to make the rotated pics look better the CD covers won't look any good. CD cover takes priority to me.

As usual I'm happy to be proven wrong so if someone has an answer that will sort the pics issue I'll give it a go :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My preference was to keep the aspect of all the art (both Covers and Artists) and just center in the space allowed with no zoom. You never know what the Artist pic is gonna be shaped like or how it will be composed, so you sacrifice filling the square frame just to have the whole picture shown. There is no easy solution. You can go back with a graphics program and manually crop all the pics that get saved in your artist thumbs directory, but that changes from time to time as well it seems, and there could be hundreds of pics to edit.

I've been slowly editing my Artist thumbs into wide screen format to use as temporary fanart backdrops until I can find high res images to use. The large thumbs have a max dimension of 500 pixels (from Last.FM), but not all the pics are good quality, but with me using an analog 4x3 TV for display it doesn't matter much.

regards,

Chuck

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    A better alternative would be to use a non linear stretch (just like smart stretch in aspect ratio for 4:3 -> 16:9)
    ie you stretch the very edge of the picture as needed to make the aspect ratio the same as the CD box

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom