Artwork not always recognised in iTunes (1 Viewer)

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello all,

I've searched this forum for iTunes but couldn't find an answer.

I'm using to this EXCELLENT tool (thanks so much) to tag all my MP3 music, which happens to be also in my iTunes library (since I have fallen victim of the iPhone craziness, I have to use iTunes).

My problem is when I update the artwork of an album with MPTagThat and store the picture in the ID3 of each song, sometimes iTunes does NOT recognise the artwork and doesn't show any picture. It's as if iTunes doesn't recognise the tag at all. So I have to re-paste the artwork in iTunes, which is kind of double work and is very time consuming.

That wouldn't bother me if I wasn't using an iPhone, onto which I DO want to see the artwork.

Any idea is welcome (suggestion: should I be playing with the ID3V1 and ID3V2 section of the settings?).

Thanks again for a brilliant tool!

JMA

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Make sure that you store in ID3 2.3 format. i think itunes / iphone has troubles using 2.4.
    could also be that i Tunes does drop cover art, if it is above a specific size. or maybe they have troubles with PNG format.

maybe you can upload one such file to a free file hoster and pm me the link. i'll look into it then.

Was an iPhone user myself, before i had to switch to BlackBerry because of job.
    i was using MediaMonkey as the alternative to iTunes.

jmarc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your reply.

I've done some further testing and there something a little strange happening here.

In MPTagThat If I add a cover to a song by clicking the icon "Get Cover Art" in the ribbon, the artwork then shows up up in iTunes. BUT if instead I go through Single (or Multiple) Tag Edit -> Pictures -> Get from Internet, it finds the same cover but this one doesn't show in iTunes. I know it sounds silly but is there any difference between these two approaches?

I'll send you a PM with a link to both "good" and "bad" files so you can see it for yourself.

Many thanks!

JMA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom