Artwork not matching movie in collection (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there

many of my movies have the wrong pictures thumbnails showing up for the films. Moving pictures plug in seems to assign a different picture for films I already have in my collection that have the right picture.

Any update on this being fixed or how to fix it?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi there

many of my movies have the wrong pictures thumbnails showing up for the films. Moving pictures plug in seems to assign a different picture for films I already have in my collection that have the right picture.

Any update on this being fixed or how to fix it?

You mean when movies share the same title on remakes/etc?

That is a known issue, the only workaround that I know off is via IMDb+, because it renames the titles on import to for example "3:10 to Yuma (Original)" for the 1957 original, so that the 2007 remake (more users will have that version in their collection) will remain as "3:10 to Yuma" and they both have their correct cover/backdrop shown.

I manually maintain that list for IMDb+ and there are currently 2062 movie title entries now for movie-series/title-conflicts, but if I missed one let me know in the IMDb+ thread. Assuming that is a workaround you do not mind going with, otherwise 'star' the following Google code issue:

There is a renewed development effort going on, so maybe the issue will finally get worked on.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    No what I mean is a film Abduction has the write text information but the cover picture is for a film called Anger Management... also present in my database but has the art work for a film called Hachi - A Dogs Tale. The film Hachi also has the wrong cover but the description and text etc are fine.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No what I mean is a film Abduction has the write text information but the cover picture is for a film called Anger Management... also present in my database but has the art work for a film called Hachi - A Dogs Tale. The film Hachi also has the wrong cover but the description and text etc are fine.

Covers and backdrops are 'fetched' seperatly from movie details. You can adjust their priority seperatly with Moving-Pictures configuration. So the problem you might run into is wrong cover scraper order, or false-positve imports by the details scraper-script.

Put fanart.tv and TMDb at #1 and #2 priority, see if that solves your issues.

You can update the cover directly inside Movie Manager tab of Moving-Pictures configuration with the little recycle icon under the cover image. To update fanart you will have to send movie back to the importer.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Ok I can try to do this to see if it will fix it. I am not sure how exactly to change the priority of fanart and Tmdb? Is that in configuration?

The strange thing is that it seems to use pictures from other films in my collection and matches them to the wrong film. Its not pulling random pictures from the internet it just isnt putting them to the right film :(

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok I can try to do this to see if it will fix it. I am not sure how exactly to change the priority of fanart and Tmdb? Is that in configuration?

The strange thing is that it seems to use pictures from other films in my collection and matches them to the wrong film. Its not pulling random pictures from the internet it just isnt putting them to the right film :(

Rename your existing database from db3 to movingpictures.old, and then reconfigure MovPic anew, and see if it all works fine then. If it does, you might be better off deleting the old database and not look back.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I followed the instructions above and changed priorities around then sent to the importer the problematic films and all seem ok now.

This is a new database installation with windows it did it on the old version so I think it was the settings that were incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom