ASF codec with TV gemist plugin (1 Viewer)

murfix

Portal Member
June 29, 2008
hi evrybody,

I have a codec issue, my mp installation is working fine and all. I can also play all my videos and tv series just fine. But now I am trying to use the Tv gemist plugin, but whenever I try to load a video it tells me the audio codec is wrong/missing/not working. I use the SAF codec pack with ffdshow as the audio codec in mp configuration. I did not config the ffdshow audio codecs I just left evrything default. Hope you can help.

Murfix

Traverse

Portal Member
October 2, 2004
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
It is not your setup that prevents you from looking at the selected program. To make sure you can play it from your browser at the official web pages. It has to do with incorrect view or path to the program, nothing you can do about. Try another tv program it might work. Also there are 2 versions of TVGemist, you can try the other one, that gives you more luck maybe.

murfix

Portal Member
June 29, 2008
hey thnx for the reply:D

Alright I will give the other version a go and otherwise will give up on this plugin. As I already had some difficulties with it in the past.

Murfix

edit:

I took another look at it and I found out that the videos where also not playing from www.uitzendinggemist.nl. So i figured I had to install the asf codec I got it from here: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/ASF-CodecMPEG-Download-8418.html. Installed it and then tried but still my wmplayer gave me the error message that the codec was not there?! I am kinda stuck here and have no idea what to do. I already searched many fora for answers but they weren't their.

btw: I am using windows 7 (x86) can this be the problem?

Please Help

edit:

FIXED: it was a strange problem with SAF and all so i deinstalled SAF and installed all codecs manually again and now evrything is working fine.

Murfix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom