ASIO device vs. Windows device (1 Viewer)

torpedo

Portal Member
June 2, 2006
In the Output Device setup the PureAudio ASIO plugin crash with the following error: "Sampletype 'ASIOSTInt24LSB'" is not supported, when I choose the "Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 ASIO" for my soundcard (see log file). This was not a problem in older version of this plugin/MP (currently running 0.2.0.0 and MP 1.0). I also have a M-Audio REVO listed, but why? I have never installed such a soundcard (I become the same crash if I choose that device).

What's the difference in using the "ASIO device" and the "Windows device" in the Output Device setup? I have no problems in using the "Windows device", but will it be true ASIO? I don't think myself, since I'm still able to control the volume via the Wave setting in Windows and as I know the Wave setting is a part of the kmixer.

Just to mention. Foobar2000 with ASIO work as a charm on my HTPC.

torpedo

Portal Member
June 2, 2006
Installing ASIO4ALL solved my problem. I'm now able to use the ASIO Output Device without crashes.

But I would still like to know what the differences between using an ASIO Device or a Windows Device are, since both options are available in the PureAudio plug-in.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom