ASIO Music Player Plugin (2 Viewers)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
krl69
I used to have this too. I restricted the outputchannels in the ASIO setup-section(start and end port) to the only port I use for output and after this it worked great. Also I disbled the outputs that I don't use in the ASIO driver.

krl69

Portal Pro
October 12, 2006
But this is exactly how I have configured my outputs too. Only SPDIF1 to SPDIF2 are visible and configured as output "channels" in pureaudio plugin. And only SPDIF in Asio4all are checked...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I’m not sure what to do with MP’s own “music” configuration?! Will the plugin replace all default settings in MP config or should I do something with the config to make the plugin work as it should?
    The settings on "Music / Player settings" tab and "Music / Music ASIO" section are all ignored by the plugin.

1) When I start playing an album, no sound from the first song. If I skip to the next song, there are loud and clear sound coming out of my speakers. And if I then go back to the first song, everything is ok. But if I push stop, browse to another album, the same problem occurs.
    This is a problem apparently related to ASIO4ALL and more users have reported similar problems. Also happens on my dev machine. I haven't found a good solution yet, but i'm working on it. The silence can mostly be fixed manually by restarting the currently playing file (just click or hit enter on it).

2) The big problem starts when I try to play an m4a with 5.1 multichannel sound, there are no sound at all – regardless if I skip to the next song or going back to the first and so on. And after starting m4a files and push the stop button, browse to a “ordinary” MP3 file with only 2-channel sound, just silence regardless of skipping and etc. The only solution is to quit MP and restart.
    Anyone experienced this?
    Could you create and post a logfile of that?

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Pureaudio crashes with m4a files

Attached my log files after the crash.

And this is with ASIO4ALL and only SPDIF enabled.

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Pureaudio crashes with m4a files #2

Attached log files.

This is with Windows audio(DirectX) and ASIO4ALL uninstalled.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached log files.

Ok thanx for the logs. This bug is already solved in the version i currently work on, expect it to be released in a few days.

Note however that the m4a files you play will actually be decoded and downmixed to stereo in your setup. They are not DTS-wav files that can be passed on to an external receiver/decoder.

Symphy

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Attached log files.

Ok thanx for the logs. This bug is already solved in the version i currently work on, expect it to be released in a few days.

Note however that the m4a files you play will actually be decoded and downmixed to stereo in your setup. They are not DTS-wav files that can be passed on to an external receiver/decoder.

Symphy

But if I use the default music plugin from MP these m4a files I have, decodes correctly to 5.1. These are originally DTS files that I have recoded to m4a. And If I try to play one of the dts-wav files, the only sound is static noice. These files(m4a and DTS-wav) would play perfectly on my Xbox with XBMC.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But if I use the default music plugin from MP these m4a files I have, decodes correctly to 5.1. These are originally DTS files that I have recoded to m4a. And If I try to play one of the dts-wav files, the only sound is static noice. These files(m4a and DTS-wav) would play perfectly on my Xbox with XBMC.

Ok, from your earlier posts i understood you use S/PDIF. The only way to transport the decoded m4a over S/PDIF is downmixed or cut-down to stereo, because S/PDIF only has 2 channels of uncomressed audio. You will get music, but no surround sound.

If you have a DTS decoder connected to other end of S/PDIF, you should be able though to play the DTS-wav and have the external decoder decode it. If that doesn't work, there is a whole different problem.

Symphy

krl69

Portal Pro
    October 12, 2006
    Ok, from your earlier posts i understood you use S/PDIF. The only way to transport the decoded m4a over S/PDIF is downmixed or cut-down to stereo, because S/PDIF only has 2 channels of uncomressed audio. You will get music, but no surround sound.

If you have a DTS decoder connected to other end of S/PDIF, you should be able though to play the DTS-wav and have the external decoder decode it. If that doesn't work, there is a whole different problem.

Symphy

Yes, I do use SPDIF. I do have a DTS receiver. My XBOX have a optical signal cable(SPDIF?). And if I use SPDIF f.ex. with DSCALER as audio code in MP when playing DVD's, I do get 5.1 sound....

I have done some testing and to get 5.1 sound in WMP11 I have to install AC3Filter codec to play DTS-wav files. If I use MP, there are only static noise when using BASS as the music player(or the pureaudio plugin). If I use the internal DSHOW player and not the pureaudio plugin, I get real music and not static noise. To get 5.1 sound, I have to activate DTS as std. output in Realtek sound configuration (Windows config). Playing m4a files with BASS or DSHOW player, 5.1 sound is no problem if I activate DTS 5.1 output in the Realtek driver config menu as I have to do when playing DTS-wav with DSHOW player.

But the only signal cable between my PC and receiver, is a optical SPDIF cable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom