ASIO Volume (1 Viewer)

ivankurac3

Portal Pro
December 21, 2005
Zagreb, Croatia
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
After more than a year of using an old one I decided to try a new release. Then I discovered ASIO. The difference in sound quality is noticeable or is this just my imagination?
But, I cannot adjust volume with remote (I can do that with mouse though). Searching the forums I found that in some SNV builds it has been disabled (the volume control).
Or have I completely misunderstood that?
Does this depend on a particular configuration?
The test tool downloaded as bassasio.zip provided by hwahrmann works on my system. And it creates some small log.
Could someone please explain?
And are there some sample files that wouldn't work if ASIO didn't make any difference, so that I can test for sure if it works or it only appears to work?

zxao

Portal Member
April 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
wow, i'm having the same issue! cant control volume after installing maudio delta 66 pci card (using ASIO).

I also changed the volume setting but whenever i hit "ok" it switches back before closing! do you have any idea why this would happen?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    wow, i'm having the same issue! cant control volume after installing maudio delta 66 pci card (using ASIO).

That's because the delta cards don't have a master-volume control accessible through Windows. If you playback standard through waveout you can make MP use the wave-volume control which is implemented through software with these cards. However, by using ASIO, you bypass that as well.

I'm using an Audiophile 2496 which uses the delta drivers. So i assume it's the same with other delta cards.

Greetings Symphy

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OK, I figured it out myself. While ASIO is on, the remote controls Wave, not Master. So I changed the appropriate setting in configuration.

Where is this settings located? In Mediaportal configuration?

Found it, it's in general configuration of mediaportal -> volume settings.

Thanks Roby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom