Assign channel to two cards? (1 Viewer)

gerner

Portal Member
June 22, 2004
Sorry if this is obvious but I can't work it out.

I 've got a dvb-t card and a pvr 150. If possible I'd like to assign the same channel to both cards and have it use the the dvb-t card for watching / recording as first choice. Say for instance i've got two channels, channel1 and channel2 available on both cards. Rather than have them as four seperate individual entries in my tv guide I'd like them have combined into only one each. If I opt to start recording channel1 mediaportal will use the dvb-t card and if I then go to watch channel2 it will use the pvr150.

Is this possible?

swissair

November 24, 2005
multiple tuner cards

as soon as i add my 2nd tuner card in media portal, television stops working.

television using wintv2000 still works (hauppauge pvr 350 cards)

i read something about assigning channels to one card. hrm? then i couldn't record simultanously from channels in the same group.

greetings
fab

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You can assign a channel to as many cards as you want providing its the same type of card (OP wanted to assign it two 2 different types, dvb-t and analogue). Both of your cards are analogue so you dont have a problem.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have tried and had success with adding a channel to different card types.
    I configured the DVB-T settings for my digital card and then set the analog details as well.
    I then assigned that channel to both cards with the digital one having the higher priority.
    It worked fine. I don't use that set up any more as my analog tv reception is pretty bad but I wanted to see if it would work.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    they have different frequencies and each one has it's own setting. The analog frequency page is totally independant of the DVB-T page.
    Each card only reads the page that is appropriate for it's type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom