Assigning Actions to Toggle Buttons (1 Viewer)

TVKiwi

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
Help

I am developing a touch screen skin and I have included some media functions in the music overlay so when music is playing there are visible buttons to skip forward, back, pause and stop (and by default disappear when music is not playing - very sneaky sneaky). Everything is working perfectly except....

The pause/play button is a toggle button but I cant seem to make it perform action 12 (pause). The button works proerly in that the textures behave correctly but I cannot assign an action to it. The code I have used is:

<control>
<description>touch pause button</description>
<type>togglebutton</type>
<id>18</id>
<posX>350</posX>
<posY>480</posY>
<width>50</width>
<height>50</height>
<AltTextureFocus>pause_enabled.png</AltTextureFocus>
<AltTextureNoFocus>pause_disabled.png</AltTextureNoFocu> <textureFocus>play_enabled.png</textureFocus>
<textureNoFocus>play_disabled.png</textureNoFocus>
<onleft>18</onleft>
<onright>18</onright>
<onup>18</onup>
<ondown>18</ondown>
<action>12</action>
</control>

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

..take a look in ProjectX Skin xml´s.
    The buttons are also in there.

:) Greetings Harley

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    Hi Harley

I have looked through your xmls but the only togglebuttons I can find are in the OSD for the TV and these buttons dont have any actions assigned. I have not found any where you have assigned an action - could you give me an example of an aml which does this?

Thanks

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi TVKiwi,

..yes you are right it doesn´t work.
    The problem is that the togglebuttons not can do an action with the xml action funktion.

But you can make it with a trick i think.

- Make a touglebutton without action only for showing the right gfx.

- Then put this togglebutton on the same position of your pause button.

- Make your pause button invisible.

So i think it can go, you have so the funktion for the gfx with the togglebutton and for the action you have the invisible pausebutton.

Greetings Harley

PS: .. let me know if it will work :) :)

TVKiwi

Portal Member
    May 27, 2005
    Hi Harley,

Already tried that one and it does not seem to work. When I made the action button invisible it no longer seemed to work or else the toggle button did not change texture.

I have for now settled on a simple pause button till I can try and come up with a better solution.

Cheers for the thought though.

ZeiZei

Portal Member
    November 19, 2005
    Finland
    Hello TVKiwi and others!

I saw in a couple of posts that you have been working on skins for touchscreen and the idea is perfect i.e. while playing to show different skin in small lcd.

Are these skins downloadable anywhere? Or any other skins meant for both projector (or tv) and small lcd? Or could you please put those in a place where people can download them...

thanks for helping
    zz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom