Asterisk CallerID plugin continues (1 Viewer)

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, thanks.
Will check this (again weekend :) )
Gregor

fairchild

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
alright before i start playing with my Asterisk box, i want to ask the question on here

i keep getting a cannot connect to server (i am at school so i dont know the exact message) error message

now my question, i have my Cisco phone right on my desk working fine, i can ping the server from all of my machines, i have tried the the plugin on several machines with the same error message, do you suspect it is the clients or the server?

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    as stated in the first post, you need to ensure that the manager.conf file has been modified to allow the IP address to connect otherwise the server will block it. Also this is where the username and password are set for the connection.

to test it without the plugin, you could open a command prompt, and start a telnet session to ip addr and port number you specified in the conf file. Then you should be able to login with the following commands

Action: login
    Username: yourusername
    Secret: yourpassword

NOTE:- there is a space after the :

Further info can be found here http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+manager+API

GregorV

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i keep getting a cannot connect to server ... do you suspect it is the clients or the server?

Hi fairchild,

did you manage to connect with telnet ?
    This will test the connection AND your login details for the Callmanager.
    Thanks charli181 - I will add that to the documentation.

Good luck
    Gregor

...I tried to set it to NOT pause the media when the notification box pops up, but it seems to do that no matter what setting I choose.... but the call recognition works perfectly now.
    *SMC

Hi scastano,

I tried to reproduce that without success.
    Can you set Debug Level to 3 and send logs ?
    Also the AsteriskCID section from your MediaPortal.xml could be helpfull (please delete your Secret entry).
    Thanks,
    Gregor

fairchild

Portal Member
    August 2, 2006
    alright i got it working perfectly, sorry the server was not configured right, also using telnet might be the best, our server has it disabled

one suggestion, i have a plasma, can you turn the screen off or black and remove the dialog box when on the phone?

fairchild

Portal Member
    August 2, 2006
    alright

so when watching tv using tv server (latest svn) using both ATSC and anolog tuners after the call come in the media pauses fine, however when i hang up it resumes but the audio is just a buzz noise, i have to hit pause and play to get the sound working again.....

why dont you just use the built in pause function of mediaportal?? It would solve my tv issue and the autoturn off (blank) screen when paused. Mediaportal has that feature already built in when pausing a move, tv, music ect...

if the plugin called the pause function i think that would solve the problem

Also 2 more things... How did u get the picture to show up when the person called, i couldnt find information on that... and also whey when i am connected on the phone does it now show the name? Is this something that can be added or is it just like that on mine

GregorV

Portal Pro
    October 2, 2007
    Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    alright
    .....why dont you just use the built in pause function of mediaportal??

Hi fairchild,

the Asterisk plugin calls MP's pause function (at least I belive that this is the one).
    Code:
    MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Pause();
    There is a known issue with the Pause() function. It sometimes causes a delay for audio, while video usually starts immediately. May be there is a different/better way to Pause&Resume ? You could help me with that.
    What is that what happens to your video ?
    From what I understand your picture is black when someone calls - it just should stop moving.

I am afraid I didn't get you. Are you talking about the source code, when you ask:
    ... How did u get the picture to show up when the person called
    If yes, it is in the function
    Code:
    private static string GetCallerImage(string name)
    and using the CIDName as file name for the picture (in thumbs/yac).

Currently the plugin closes the message box 3 sec after the call is established. It would not be too difficult to keep the message open while the call is established. Is that how you would like it to work ?

Gregor

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    and also whey when i am connected on the phone does it now show the name? Is this something that can be added or is it just like that on mine

If you are running the latest version of asterisk 1.2or 1.4, you can caller names by using the phonebook function. Just add the numbers and enter a name against it. When a call arrives, asterisk will look it up and add that to the CIDName field. If no entry is in the phonebook, I think it defaults to unknown.

fairchild

Portal Member
    August 2, 2006
    sorry i must have been tired when i posted my response, let me clear things up

First of all i don't work directly with my Asterisk Server so that side of the conversation is sort of limited at my end..

So it was my issue when it couldn't connect to the server, no user name and password were set up. and we also have telnet disabled.

My Issues:

1.) When TV (haven't tested yet with a video) resumes the audio is a high pitched buzz, now if i hit the spacebar or remote control pause and and then hit remote control play or spacebar again it resumes fine

What i noticed was when i was on the phone it did not pull up the little time-line box at the top when watching tv like it does when you pause it, so i don't think the plugin is calling the right pause function

1.) Possible Solution: Can you just use a hook to call the spacebar or trigger the remote control to pause the video/music/tv? If you read the config file or wherever the hotkeys are stored you could just hook the play/pause function key

-=-- I am sort of new to Media Portal and i am still picking at the code so if i say something thats not true or cant be done, please someone let me know -=-=-

2.) When paused and i am on the phone the built in mediaportal function (Blank screen when idle) does not work. This is very important for me because i have a plasma which if the same image is left on the screen i can get temporary and in extreme cases perminate burn in.

2.) Possible Solution: If the first issue is corrected by using the pause function that the keyboard or remote control use it will fix itself because the built in media portal setting will blank the screen when the media is paused.

------

Other things i noticed...

The caller ID works but what i was trying to say is i notice 2 different popups:

Incoming Call with number and Name
    and
    (When i pick up the phone) Connecting....

The second screen should be something like the first, if i am on the phone i would like the name and number to still be displayed.

My other question is... How in the read me did u get your picture on the caller id box? Is it an Asterisk thing?

THANKS!!!

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the telnet function is a test. The asterisk box does not need the telnet service turned on. This is an old IT trick to ensure you can connect to a specific port on a Server where an Application is listenind. This trick can be used for POP3 Servers, SMTP, vitually anything. The command to get it to connect to the right port is as follows:

From a command prompt;

telnet servername portnumber
    eg. telnet mypop3server 21

the response back should either be a blank screen or asking for a user name. If you get an error saying "Could not connect on port ... " then you have a problem on the network or the application that is supposed to be listening.

As for
    My other question is... How in the read me did u get your picture on the caller id box? Is it an Asterisk thing?

The plugin will look for a file under C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\Thumbs\YAC\ with the name the same as the CallerID Name. It may even work with the number (but I don't think so) so for example my telephone number is 1234567 and my callerID Name is Charli181 and I call you, you need to have a picture in the abovementioned folder with the filename of Charli181.jpg or Charli181.png You may have to scale down the size of the picture to get it to fit. If it is too big, the picture will not be seen. There chould be some already in the directory so you can compare the pixel sizes.

Hope this helps a bit. As for 1 & 2, I will leave that for the GregorV. I personally don't pause the tv/video/music as there are other people watching the screen. I know in testing with earlier version of the plugin, the audio never resumed correctly. Strange stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom