ASUS My Cinema 7131 Dual with MP (1 Viewer)

tein

Portal Member
February 12, 2006
Sweden
Analog tuner in ASUS P7131 Dual

Anyone hawing any luck using the analog tuner in ASUS MyCinema P7131 Dual?

I can't get it to work. First I have problems with the autotune feature in configuration.exe. It crashes every time the autotune is completed. The found channels is saved but if I start configuration.exe again and tries to look at or change any of the channels it crashes again.

When I start MP with the channels tuned I have different kinds of problems and I can't use MP to look on TV or record shows. The problems range from regular crashes of MP to a inresponsive MP and even one total system crash with the famous blue screen.

I do not have these kind of problems when I use the DVB-T part of the card or when I use my Hauppauge PVR-150. It's only when I try to use the analog part of the ASUS P7131 card.

I've prepared a little page with logs for someone to look at. I can't myself find something in the logs that makes me any more wiser...

The logs shows a newly installed MP with a first run of the configuration wizard which crashes after autotuning. Then another succesful run of the wizard. And last log files from an example of a crash when I started MP, started TV and then turned time-shifting off.

The log files is available on http://torbjorn.redirectme.net/

I hope that someone is able to find out what went wrong here...

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3$CVS-11.04.2006-17:14:18,14
(2006-04-11)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.66GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: P4VM800
TV Card Model: ASUS MyCinema P7131 Dual
TV Card Type: Analog S/W
TV Card Driver: 13.3.1.4 2006-02-14
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 (microsoft Corporation) (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 720x576
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: C-Media AC97 Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Does this card have stereo sound and does it have onboard MPEG2 decoding?

It's hard to find out anything about this card. I'm thinking of buying it because it comes in SFF. The only size that fits in my casing.

ammm

Portal Pro
January 3, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
the card has no mpg2 hw encoding, don't know about stereo....

EDIT: (I lost some part...)

for analog tunig
try to modify capturecarddefinitions.xml

<capturecard commercialname="Asus My Cinema-P7131 Dual (Analogue)" capturename="713x BDA Analog Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_48621043&amp;rev_d0">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false"/>
<tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="713x BDA Analog Tv Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="713x BDA Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="713x BDA Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="capture" name="713x BDA Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
<filter cat="videncoder" name="Cyberlink MPEG Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="audencoder" name="Cyberlink Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
<filter cat="mux" name="Cyberlink MPEG Muxer" checkdevice="false"/>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="1"/>
<connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
<connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

[/code]

I didn't tryed it, I only use the dvb-t part...

or maybe sourcepin="3" has to be sustituted with sourcepin="2"
I don't remember exactly....
I don't know why, but the post was deleted.... :evil:
hope this helps
bye
ammm

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thank you. I've decided not to buy it becous of MPEG2 encoding support.

Does anyone now of a SFF or Low Profile TV-card with Teletext, Dual Tuner, Stereo en FM tuner? I'm looking for one.

I've cut a piece off of my old ASUS TV/FM card, so it fits in my low profile casing for now. This card also has no MPEG2 encoding support, and is no dual tuner. But it works for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom