Motherboard: Asus P5K Premium / Wifi
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD2600 Pro 512 Mb
Video Card Driver: 8.391.0.0
Sound Card: ADI® AD1988B 8 -Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Sound Card AC3: Don't Know
Sound Card Driver: 6.0.6000.16386

1. TV Card: Asus TV setup: Single Seat, Analog
1. TV Card Type: MyCinema-P7131
1. TV Card Driver: 13.3.5.3 (Latest from the asus website)

MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerCinema 5 (Came with my card) (PCM Video Decoder)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PowerCinema 5 (Came with my card) (PCM Audio Decoder)

Hi,

First of all, My card is located as supported on the mediaportal website.

Description of the problem:

- When I started TV-server setup, my card was found and no problems. Screenshot 1
- When I scanned for channels, all channels were found and no problems. Screenshot 2
- When All channels were found, i Pressed 'Preview' but I got the message 'No Audio/Video Supported'. Screenshot 3
- When I start Mediaportal and start TV, I got the error message 'Unable to start timeshifting, no audio/video Supported'. Screenshot 4

- When I deleted TV-Server, and I use the build in mediaportal function the card works and I can watch TV.
But when tv is playing for about half an hour, the audio and video are not longer synchronized. (Voices came 5-6 seconds after the sub's and video scene was played).

- When It works with the build in function it SHOULD work with the TV-server, and I want to use it :(

- Im using Cable TV, Analog

- Log's are attached

Can someone please help me out?

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Seems like timeshift file can't be created, try editing ts path in TV-Server Configuration -> Recording settings -> Recording Folder & drop down for more cards if you have that.
    You can also try to turn of UAC(a howto disable) if you have it enabled.

Regards
    Roy

koenjunior

Portal Member
    August 23, 2007
    Hi,
    Seems like timeshift file can't be created, try editing ts path in TV-Server Configuration -> Recording settings -> Recording Folder & drop down for more cards if you have that.
    You can also try to turn of UAC(a howto disable) if you have it enabled.

Regards
    Roy

My User Account Control (UAC) is always disabled. So that can't be the problem.

I changed the paths, like you said, but It still can't start timeshifting.

New logs are attached.

Thanx for the reply and help!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Not sure what this could be, guess MisterD needs to have a look when he has some time.
    Btw, do you have 2 tuners(see that 2 are listed as analog tuners in log) & have you tried other encoders?

Regards
    Roy

koenjunior

Portal Member
    August 23, 2007
    Hi,
    Not sure what this could be, guess MisterD needs to have a look when he has some time.
    Btw, do you have 2 tuners(see that 2 are listed as analog tuners in log) & have you tried other encoders?

Regards
    Roy

As you can see in my first screenshot (http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13109/Mediaportal/Screen1.jpg),
    the first one is my TV Tuner and the second one is my Radio of my card.

I have installed on my computer:
    - KLite Codec Pack 4.17
    - VLC Player
    - PowerCinema (Came with my tvcard) -> TV card works fine here
    - Dscaler -> TV card works fine here
    - Virtual Dub 1.8.5 -> TV Card works fine here

But i don't know wich Encoder i should install because:
    - Intervideo WinDVR3 won't work on vista:(
    - MainConcept MPEG Video Encoder (link is down on mediaportal website and can't find in google)

So.. can you say me what i have to download and link of trial or something?

Thanx;)

koenjunior

Portal Member
    August 23, 2007
    Hi,

Regards
    Roy

Thank you verry much.

You were right, i had to install a software encoder.
    So I searched and found the Mainconcept MCE encoder.

So this is fixed now!:D

erikcornelis

September 24, 2008
    I have the same problem with the same TV tuner.

When I install the Mainconcept MCE Decoder it still doesn't work. I suspected I would select the codec in the mediaportal configurator, but i see nothing.

koenjunior

Portal Member
    August 23, 2007
    I have the same problem with the same TV tuner.

When I install the Mainconcept MCE Decoder it still doesn't work. I suspected I would select the codec in the mediaportal configurator, but i see nothing.

Erik,

It's not the Mainconcept MCE DECODER that you have to install, its the MCE ENCODER

Then it should work ;)

Gz, Koen

induktor

Portal Member
    October 18, 2008
    Hello
    I Have the same card and the same problem that you, I couldn't find the Mainconcepts MCE encoder anywhere, I downloaded the Mainconcepts MPEG Encoder version 1.4 , and it works good, also detects the card too and I can use and capture in mpeg 2 in realtime, but still not working in the TV-Server

I can scan channels, I have signal strength meter, but when I click preview on some channel, it says (after a while) Preview Failed: NoAudioVideoDetected

and of course in MP when I try to enable the TV says Unable to start timeshifting, no audio/video detected :(

I go to Graphedit and in the Video Encoders section I don't have anything that says MPEG2 :confused:

any ideas? is the codec I installed not good for this?, why is it work standalone but cannot be seen in graphedit?.

any help appreciated :) because I have no idea what else to try, I cannot find any of the other recommended MPEG encoders, I'm also using TMPEgnc encoder for MPEG2 but seems that it has the same problem than mainconcept.

Indkt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom