ASUS S-PRESSO How To Guide (1 Viewer)

Does ASUS S-Presso Worth It?

• Total voters

dexterash

November 29, 2005
Romania
Hello HTPC and Mediaportal enthusiasts.

I'm trying to make a little how-to to make your life easier setting up mediaportal and the s-presso barebone, but it seems i need a little help.

What i could figure out so far:
*HomeTheater software that comes with s-presso is good only for trashing (at least they could let us, users, update it - NOPE)
*S-Presso's remote control works like a keyboard-so if you work your way out and remap teh whole shortcuts of MP it shoudl work very simple
*Touch-Screen(although is not a really touch screen, more like an inductive thing) works also as a keyboard-problem solved
*The volume indicator on the lcd is controlled by asus's own soft - no problem too
*Althoug the TV Tuner included isn't a top-of-line, it could do his job. I managed to make it tune, but i still want to figure out how to set manual frequencies.
*BIG PROBLEM: The other lcd, that is display infos and stuff. Couldn't figure out what is it.I'm sure it uses an USB interface, but the IC controlling it is labeled by asus and i'm almost sure is a dedicated one.

!!!So, if one of you electronic/programmers enthusiats out there could help me/us please join.

Now i promise i will post my final configuration files(at leasr for you lazy ones who don't want remote control reprogram), but please help me, if possible, make the LCD work.

Anyway, MP rules by it's high-power customization.

See ya...Or better, see the LCD. :lol:

Kalf

Portal Member
October 31, 2005
Do yoy have a remaped version of the XML file? or can you atleast tell me how to type for ctrl + shift + "a letter" and how to find out what all the keys does?

ikke4

April 11, 2006
s-presso the story (hopefully) continues

he dexterash,

i was wondering did you get the lcd-dsplay of the s-presso to work with media portal, i'm new with this computer and like to benefit of all the beautys that this machine has to offer with media portal.

greetingz

ikke

mau_mau

Portal Member
December 4, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi dexterash, are you alive?
I'm an S-Presso owner and I'm interested to work it with mediaportal.
You say:
*S-Presso's remote control works like a keyboard-so if you work your way out and remap teh whole shortcuts of MP it shoudl work very simple
*Touch-Screen(although is not a really touch screen, more like an inductive thing) works also as a keyboard-problem solved
but for me isn't a solved problem.
Can you say me how to "tel" MP how take commands throught S-Presso's remote?
And by touch screen?
Have you a modified *.xml for this?
Thank you for your reply.
Bye
Maurizio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom