ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 Edition Supported? (1 Viewer)

T

topheim

Ok - so I am brand new at Media Portal, but have an IT background.

Can anyone post information on the new ATI AIW 2006 Edition?

I am hoping that I can use this with Media Portal. I have a Dell PC I want to convert to use with my new Sony rear projection LCD 50" TV.

Any help would be very appreciated...Thanks!

T

topheim

ATI Radeon 9600

Thank you for the information.

After some research it appears the AIW 2006 runs on the Radeon 9600 engine. Does this mean it is supported?

RickWesh

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
Larimore ND.
I'm pleased to reply the AIW 206 works wonderfuly in MP RC2
I'm also using an HDTV Wonder wish I could'nt get running yet although someone else has had luck with it in analog mode somehow.

janxster

January 3, 2006
AIW 2006

RickWesh:
Can you please post you configuration/settings. I have tried everypiece of software available and have yet to find a working solution. I finally got MP to not peak the cpu at 100% then I manually added some tv stations becuase autotune did not work. Now with the tv I get no sound no video. It could be that the station config is wrong. I used default values for the frequency but when I set the country to USA it goes back to A-something-or-other. I tried setting one station to a manual frequency with the same results.

RickWesh

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
Larimore ND.
Whoops ! Sorry I did'nt get back to you sooner! Dont dispair tho!!!

I did'nt even bother with the Autotune button!

I chose to get the latest XMLTV, set it up, and then import the channels into MP instead!

Quick Run Down:

Grab the XMLTV app,
run your required settings for it (mine was XMLTV tv_grab_na_dd --configure) specifying that my timezone was to be set at +0000, also you may want to just grab all the channels and not bother with the Yes/No answer to all the prompts for each channel

Run MP Setup/Television/Program Guide (Uncheck 'Use Timezone information from XMLTV file') set your Timezone Offset (mine is -9 in the first box)
at this point is you've already played with the XLMTV a few times you may want to click on 'Remove all programs from TV database' otherwise it will look like nothing at all came thru when you look at TvGuide while using MP

Then goto MP/Setup/Television/TV Channels and select the button towards the bottom that says 'Import from TV Guide'

Then goto MP Setup/Television/TV Channels/TV Cards and enable all your channels there.

As a quick tip here, if you manually add the non-existent channels into your channel list and then goto MP Setup/Television/TV Channel Groups and specify the non-existent channels as a group with a name like 'Dummy Channels' or whatever, you wont have a situation where you tell MP to change to channel 2 and you get channel 3 instead so on and so forth. Its a handy little trick I ran across in the forum here!

Hope you'll still be around to ready this and again sorry it took me forever to get back to you with a reply!

grieve

January 20, 2006
Atlanta, GA
CaptureCardDefinitions.xml entry for AIW 2006

I just got an All-in-Wonder 2006 edition working -- I used graphedit to figure out the following card definition to add to CaptureCardDefinitions.xml:

<capturecard commercialname="All-in-Wonder 2006 PCI-E Edition" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="encodervideo" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="encoderaudio" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="mux" name="ATI Media Center Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="3"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="encodervideo" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="encoderaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="encoderaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="encodervideo" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Seems to work OK for me, haven't tested it thoroughly yet and am a newb to MP and a/v stuff in general, but here it is for what it's worth.

grieve

January 20, 2006
Atlanta, GA
P.S.

P.S. my tv audio would not work (everything else was fine though) until I did this...couldn't seem to find another way to get tv audio working. I guess you guys had it work off the shelf? Strange. (I'm using RC2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom