Ati Avivo. MP do not play any file in vmr9 exclusive mode wi Avivo manual deinterl. (1 Viewer)

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0
    MediaPortal Skin: PureVisionHD
    Windows Version: Vista Business 32bit
    CPU Type: Intel e4400@2600
    HDD: Western Digital 320MB
    Memory: PC6400 Kingston 2GB
    Motherboard: Asus P5K
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel P35
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Asus EAH2600PRO
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.12
    Sound Card: Realtek HD
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI Mpeg2 Decoder
    Cooling: ZeroTherm CF800
    Power Supply: LC Power Titan
    Remote: Trust Mce Remote RC-2400
    TV: Panasonic 37PV60
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

SVN-snapshot: 16940 07-01-2008

if a Avivo manual deinterlace options are enabled MP do not play any file with vmr9 exclusive mode (edit: or without excl.mode)

if automatic option is enable there is no problem.

the attached logs is related about the same file play; one work the other one do not work.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    if a Avivo manual deinterlace options are enabled MP do not play any file with vmr9 exclusive mode.

if automatic option is enable there is no problem.

I think you will find that is correct behaviour - if you want to use VMR9 Exclusive mode, then the de-interlacing is done within VMR9. You should not select any de-interlacing modes when VMR9 is used ... is the way I understand it?

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Taipan

the problem is also with vmr9 without exclusive mode I tried few minutes ago

... and is more generic.

What I mean is Media Portal do not play any file if Catalyst is set manual for that parameter.
    This problem could be generate a lot of confusion of other users because seem MP do not work.
    Normaly I play progressive mkv and avi files. so for me really de-interlace is not an issue.
    But It's weird an option in Catalyst can crash MP.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    the problem is also with vmr9 without exclusive mode I tried few minutes ago .
    That's correct - my previous explanation may not be clear - when VMR9 is used as the video renderer, then all de-interlacing should be turned off (set to automatic), as the de-interlacing is done within the VMR9 renderer.

What I mean is Media Portal do not play any file if Catalyst is set manual for that parameter.
    This problem could be generate a lot of confusion of other users because seem MP do not work.
    Normaly I play progressive mkv and avi files. so for me really de-interlace is not an issue.
    But It's weird an option in Catalyst can crash MP.
    How does it cause MP to crash - I thought it just caused no video to display?

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    red5goahead

Why would you want to use VMR9 when you are on Vista (no HW support)?

Just curious, since I'm on a HD2600 XT card and using EVR successfully... (with 7.11 drivers).

If you run with VMR9 you effectively turn off all of the AVIVO features of the card...

Regards

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    How does it cause MP to crash - I thought it just caused no video to display?

thanks.

MP do not crash. sorry. The video start play and close immediatly.

I thought It's better refer this problem in the vmr9 tab

(for example "for ATI set AVIVO deinterlace to automatic")

@red5goahead

Why would you want to use VMR9 when you are on Vista (no HW support)?

Just curious, since I'm on a HD2600 XT card and using EVR successfully... (with 7.11 drivers).

If you run with VMR9 you effectively turn off all of the AVIVO features of the card...

Regards

because actually I've a tearing problem with Vista if Aero in not active. But with Aero active I've stuttering.
    Vrm9 exclusive mode is very smooth and work so fine. in SW mode but often I watch mkv with subtitile so
    HW dvxa2 acc. with evr and cyberlink could not work with subtitle . I must use ffdshow as postprocessing
    for the subtitile (or DirectVobSub) so no hw/dxva2 is possible.
    and anyway mkv with x264 video stream do not work in HW/Dxva mode

so evr is the goal but not now ;)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Maybe you can help me... I have an HD2400 card with avivo and use cyberlink mpeg2 decoder that should use the hardware feature of it with catalyst 7.12, I've evr activated with no problem but to me it seems that tv is not so fluid as it should, there is some kind of instability. The TV is connected through hdmi cable. I had previously an ati 9600 card and the quality was far better.

Also without evr the quality seems the same. Where do I turn on/off vmr9 exclusive mode to try it?

I've configured avivo with automatic deinterlacing and all other options are set as default.

Ive tried both with 720p resolution at 50hz or with the native resolution of 1360x768 60hz.

I can not understand where is the problem I was expecting far better results with the 2400 compared to the old 9600 but at the moment the results are really disappointing.

Is there a guide to configure avivo with mediaportal?

Thanks
    Roby

maysider

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2006
    useless AVIVO?

so do you want to say that it is useless to buy AVIVO best general solution card for quality for MP?
    how should we configure it with subtitles, .... everything generally needed for the smoothest performace?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom