ATI / Dvico problem.. (1 Viewer)

dylmax

Portal Member
December 19, 2010
Hi All,
Marry Christmas.

I have been using MP for a few years now and just setup my first media / tv computer.|
I have run into a issue with the new Graphics card that I have got for this system specs below:

System: Dell Optiplex GX620, Intel 1gb Ram etc..
ATI Radeon X1300 256mb
Dvico Fusion HDTV DVB-T Plus
When loading the TV the screen is artifacting and pixelation like crazy, also sound drops out..
I have uploaded a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQuOupOcGcQ

This happens on Computer streaming and on the local box. If I turn off the Video card acceleration the problem goes away.
I used to have an Nvidia 8400GS in this system and it didn't cause any problems.
The wired thing that I can't get over it causes the problem remotely and stops when the card has video acceleration turned off..
I can play H264 video's on the local box without a problem.. and if I put the Nvidia card back in it works fine...
I don’t have any spare PCI slots in this system. 1 x PCI-E 16 – ATI card & 1x PCI – Dvico card

Thanks
Dylmax

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there Dylmax

When loading the TV the screen is artifacting and pixelation like crazy, also sound drops out..
    I have uploaded a video here: YouTube - mp

This happens on Computer streaming and on the local box. If I turn off the Video card acceleration the problem goes away.
    I used to have an Nvidia 8400GS in this system and it didn't cause any problems.
    The wired thing that I can't get over it causes the problem remotely and stops when the card has video acceleration turned off..
    I can play H264 video's on the local box without a problem.. and if I put the Nvidia card back in it works fine...
    I don’t have any spare PCI slots in this system. 1 x PCI-E 16 – ATI card & 1x PCI – Dvico card

Try:
    1. Open Catalyst Control Centre.
    2. Go to advanced view by clicking "view"->"advanced view".
    3. Expand the video section.
    4. Go to the "all settings" section.
    5. Scroll to the bottom and ensure that "enforce smooth video playback" is checked.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm using 10.4. Perhaps you need to upgrade, but first check out the screenshot attached to this post to make sure we're on the same page...

Attachments

• catalyst.jpg
      catalyst.jpg
      48.9 KB

dylmax

Portal Member
    December 19, 2010
    Yep we are on the se page.. mine has

windows media settings :
    windows media video acceleration (ticked on) ..and that is in the same place as your option from the screensho

dylmax

Portal Member
    December 19, 2010
    Well looks like I am not going to need a fix as the world just provided one .. my TV just died and I am not getting a new one in a hurry .. thanks for all your help mm1352000 .. I will be buying a new gfx card nvidia low profile $30 to go with the new TV (when I get it with HDMI in)

No need for my x1300 .. shame I couldn't get it working but that's a Monday for ya..

Dylmax

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry to hear that! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom