[OTHER] ATI or NVIDIA for 24P (1 Viewer)

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
i am going to upgrade my system with a standalone videocard for 1080p@24hz
no i read a lot of problems regarding audio sync issues

in the reviews the nvidia seems the best for 24p but .
i would rather stick with ati (hd4550) however if 24p is better then i would choose a nvidia (9400gt)

anyone have experience with working / not working cards

MyPVR

Portal Pro
September 22, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'am currently running a N9500GT (passiv cooling) and this card is running fine in 24p on WinXP.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've got an ATI 4550, I used to have a lot of sync problems, but since I went to MP 1.02 I've had no issues regarding audio sync. Using SAF & Cat 9.3 currently.

24p output to my Sony Bravia W4500 is fine. Do have to fiddle with the drivers to remove overscan and correct colour output per resolution. (Only has to be done once when you reinstall/upgrade drivers)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I've got an ATI 4550, I used to have a lot of sync problems, but since I went to MP 1.02 I've had no issues regarding audio sync. Using SAF & Cat 9.3 currently.

24p output to my Sony Bravia W4500 is fine. Do have to fiddle with the drivers to remove overscan and correct colour output per resolution. (Only has to be done once when you reinstall/upgrade drivers)

I'm surprised the KDL-40W4500 doesn't accept pixelmapped 1080 on the HDMI, or did I misread your overscan-issue?

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    No, it does accept it :) (just my crappy writing!), just stupid CCC defaults to 15% underscan upon reinstall of drivers.

set it to 0% and 1:1 1080p pixelmapping is fine.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No, it does accept it :) (just my crappy writing!), just stupid CCC defaults to 15% underscan upon reinstall of drivers.

Ah ok. It's a nice TV, I have the small (no FullHD) 26" one, but the design is still awesome :)

And yes, that is stupid :mad:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

It's not stupid, it's the sensible/safe option - it means that the Windows desktop should be fully visible when the TV has overscan enabled (which is the normal situation with TVs). Otherwise how do you change the settings when you can't see the Start Menu/Taskbar/Systray ?

Tony

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

It's not stupid, it's the sensible/safe option - it means that the Windows desktop should be fully visible when the TV has overscan enabled (which is the normal situation with TVs). Otherwise how do you change the settings when you can't see the Start Menu/Taskbar/Systray ?

Tony

Well, you could for example right-click the desktop and change the settings there. In all windows-versions, I have ever met since Win 3.11, this is possible ;)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a onbaord Nvidia 9300 GPU and it runs fine with 24p. But I have to check VMR9 to get perfect audio sync in mediaportal. EVR does have audio sync problems. I used SAF and now coreavc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom