ATSC HDTV I GIVE UP (1 Viewer)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    i dont think its a case of not interested....

i think its a case of very busy and not very often having chance to chat in IRC.. even other established Devs sometimes struggle to get his attention! remember currently he is doing a hell of a lot of work on the TV engine along with Agree... plus they do work and have social lives outside MP (selfish i know :lol: )

Please dont give up contacting him... they have the patch system etc for a reason... they need to trust you as the builds could easily be broken if someone so wished, and that you are capapble of what you say you are... please dont take that as me disbelieving you either.

If i get to chat to him... i will mention it... also please come on irc and persevere!!!

Thanks

Steve

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too have contacted the WatchHDTV creator and from the reply he gave me it seems (reading between the lines, yes I know it is dangerous) that it could be he is too busy because he hasn't had a chance to even look at MediaPortal.

Mike

Stealth1971

Portal Member
    October 20, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ok, after thinking about it, the best way for me to help is to jump in and get ATSC filtergraphs working and post the fixes. I have already downloaded and scanned the code. I will start looking to get the ATSC functionality working this week. Hopefully the lead devs will incorporate the fixes after review.

These guys do awesome work. I haven't seen too many groups write .NET code as cleanly as the MP devs, let alone doing all of the DirectShow stuff in .NET. For my project I did all of the hard stuff in C++ with a C# wrapper - the MP devs make it all look it easy in C#! (Who knows I might actually learn some new tricks on the way :wink: )

dcard

November 3, 2005
    Houston, TX
    There ARE others watching closely here for movement on the ATSC scene. Media Portal looks like the best LONG-term bet for HTPC's, and it is great to hear that the dev. team is top of their trade.

Stealth1971....breath life into the US-based functionality here! What can a non-programmer do to support this? Which ATSC card can I buy today that will most likely work great, and eventually expand to a four-card ATSC server box?

jim tressler

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2005
    frodo and others have contacted me and asked for logs on atsc.. so they do listen and talk when they have time.. but since they are not in the usa, it is difficult for them to be quick to respond

as far as atsc.. live tv works, timeshifting / recording does not yet..

the problem with live tv - after 30 seconds, a "No Video Found / Quality Meter" overlay shows up on the screen that you cant get rid of

I have the fusion 5 gold..

anyway.. stealth.. I am able to test if need be :) - let me know what if anything I can do from the testing side

jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom