Attempting to setup TV4Home on WHS 2011 With HDHR PRime Tuner (1 Viewer)

jachin99

Portal Member
September 3, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm trying to set up my primes with the tv4home what 2011 addin. I'm having issues with MP tv server not seeing my tuners. I have added the dll files referenced in this thread:

CableCARD tuner support for MediaPortal 1

to my MP TV server directory but haven't had any luck. I should also say that there were no original files to replace and these files we're new additions to my MP TV server directory, and I didn't attempt to install any sort of MP client software. Where should I begin troubleshooting. The dates on most of the assemblies look to have been created in april of 2010 but I'm not sure about which version of MP this was based off of.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Thanks for starting the new thread. (y)

Where should I begin troubleshooting.
    Please attach your MediaPortal log files as previously requested. These are needed to determine which version of MediaPortal you're using, whether you actually installed TV Server etc. etc. etc. We're not able to help without them.

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    Here are the log files that had entries

Attachments

• streaming server.Log
      145 bytes
    • install_1.1.2.0_2018-01-09_20-43-05.log
      2.4 KB
    • tv.log
      1.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From the tv.log, it looks like you're using an ancient version of MediaPortal. The version which you're using - version 1.1.2 - was released in November 2010. That's so old that it doesn't include the CableCARD tuner feature that you need for your HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuner to work.

Please upgrade to at least version 1.5... though I strongly recommend you update to the latest release, which is 1.18.

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    If I were to upgrade would there be any way the WHS dashboard plugin might still work

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    For a quick update, I installed the newest version and I now see my tuners INSIDE THE TV 4 HOME DASHBOARD ADD-IN!!! It looks like at least parts of this still work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom