Attention: New Forum Structure (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Over the years MediaPortal grew and grew, and so did our forums.
    Now we have reached a point where it started to become quite confusing to read and post.
    This is why we decided to completelly restructure the forums.

Grouping by Tabs
    We are now using Tabs to group our forums.
    So if you are only interested in "Development" related discussions, you just have to press the "Development" Tab.
    You will then see only the Development forums.
    By using tabs we ensure that you only see the forums you are interested in. This makes the forum-index a lot shorter and much more readable.​
    Separate TV-Server forums removed
    As you might know, the support of the old, inbuilt TV-Engine of MediaPortal was stopped when we released 1.0.
    In MediaPortal 1.1.0, the inbuilt TV-Engine will no longer be included. It will only ship its successor the TV-Server.
    Because of this, we have now merged all TV-Server forums into the "MediaPortal 1" forums.
    This means that bugreports and support requests now go into the same subforum. The division into 2 seperate forums has been removed.​
    Thread Prefixes
    We are now also using selectable thread prefixes, which will allow you do make the meaning of your thread even clearer.
    Prefixes will be added during the next days and weeks. This will take quite some time. :)
    Submit Patches
    We now also have a dedicated subforum in the Development section which is meant to store code-patches submitted by our community.
    This will repalce the "submit patch" feature on our sourceforge page, simply because it is a lot easier to discuss these changes when they are posted directly in the forums.
    Also our developers constantly monitor the forums, so patches won't be missed anymore.​
    Language Specific Support
    As requested by many users we will expand the 'language specific support' area in the next weeks. Besides the german subforums we will allow more languages were basic installation help can take place. We havnt decided yet which languages will find its place here so we are open for suggestions and especially moderators.
    Please keep in mind that we cant allow every language and that interested moderators need a postcount of min 50 posts and/or a year+ of activity in our forums. If you are willing to help in this area send a PM to me or high.​
    Errors
    Since this was a big rework, some areas might have problems at the moment.
    So if you encounter issues such as not beeing able to post or simmilar, then please report that here.​
    :D

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats realy good and much better to handle now.

Many thanks for that !! :D

Harley:)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks a lot to both Chris and Gereon for the big efford: I really like the new forum structure and main page layout.

Simone

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Very nice - but I think that you possibly went a bit overboard on the number of sub-forums for Hardware!!
    We did take other HTPC forums as reference.

This can be changed at any time in the future. Lets see how it works out. :)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Not had a dig about yet (I normally just use New Posts), but it all sounds good. It did need a bit of re-organisation :)

Actually thats a good point: has the New Posts links at the top of the forum been updated to take the changes into account? I've updated my Opera Speed Dial link just in case, but thought I would ask the question anyway :))

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    layout is nice i quite like it, although you know the new tabs, can they be centred across that bar, that would polish it off nicely

scma

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Bug?

forum subscriptions for forums in tabs other than "General Forums" doesn't show up in "User CP"

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    also if it helps you mods out there, to give few more members mod power to help move thread into appropriate sections??

i for one wouldnt mind, i do spend a unhealthy amount of time here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom