ATTENTION: New subforums - Hot skins (1 Viewer)

New subforums: Hot skins. Have your say

• Total voters

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    edit: hm, the "new posts" thingy at the top seems to be almost what i am looking for. is there some way to customize this menu?

It is pretty easy to create your own forum-list:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search.php?do=getnew&include=ID1,ID2,ID3

exchange the IDx with the forum-ID you want to include in your search

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search.php?do=getnew&include=167,168,169,170,171,172,173,
    for example

How to get those IDs?
    Take a look at the links, the ID is always included. For example:
    Help on Development - MediaPortal Forum

Link would be:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search.php?do=getnew&include=40,

to exclude instead of include use:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=40,

finally bookmark your search and voila, you have your own little custom search

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am going off-topic but I think this issue points to the problem we have in the repository and (1) how we lack the ability to sort (order) by the number of downloads and (2) it seems to be hard to place submissions in the repository and keep them updated.

cant follow you, the repo has the ability to order by downloads, everyone can choose what order he likes to see:
    Order By : ID | File Title | Downloads | Submit Date | Submitter

and (2) it seems to be hard to place submissions in the repository and keep them updated.

cant really think of an easier way than writing the description via WYSIWYG-editor, add a title, forumlink and use the upload box to submit the file. Thats it. Editing is just opening the detailpage and click on 'update submission' to reupload the file or change the description. Can you please enlight me how this can be improved?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    High - You are so correct and I am so wrong regarding (1) - I guess my eyes were no in focus when I wrote that post. Regarding (2) - the only reason I wrote that is because it seems so much easier for skinners to make updates and comments about their work in a forum than in the repository (I said that tongue-in-cheek) and that only makes the thread even longer than it needs to be and harder for people to find files

schuess

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 12, 2008
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Listing Skins By MP version supported

As I look though the forums for skins, and even skin download areas, I get frustrated as a new user, because I am finding that rarely is the developer listing what version of MP the skin was built and last updated for.

I see that they are listed by screen size, and by Hotness, however I think it would be beneficial for the community if they were listed by MP version since that seems to be the goal (To use the most updated version of MP to further development)

schuess

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi and welcome, schuess

I agree fully. We started some wiki-work on this - but it seems like it was hard to keep up to date :(.

Luckily we are approaching a MP1 (final) release in not to long (no - you may not ask when:)), and after the release I think we should cleanup the plugin and skin-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom