Attention!! these microsoft patches fix many things!!! (1 Viewer)

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yesterday I played with the new myTrailers plugin from Zipperzip, which is in CVS now. Very nice thing.

The screen showed only psychedelic (green, orange, yellow) colors. After playing back a trailer the file dxva_sig.txt (with 0 kB) appeared on the dektop.

Google told me on some pages to install a special codec (voxmsdec or codecpatch1.0.zip with files from 1999 ???). Very nice. :?

Then I remembered this post, installed wmp10 and the 3 patches and :D.

SPYcorp

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
Where can i look for dxva ist running or not ?
I made (month ago) some registry changes to the intervideo/ATI dxva but now im not sure i need this patches, too ?!?

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
I've just applied these to my installation of 0.2.0 RC2 but they've given me issues with de-interlacing.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or how to get rid of the lines caused by de-interlacing?

Thanks

excalibur

Portal Member
February 21, 2006
Asmo said:
Installed these patches (except the ;last, I dont run SP2) and now my TV is all blurry :(((((

It looks like the fields are mixed up, and there is a vertical blur added.

Worst of all, neither of the installed patched appear in the software updates so I cant uninstall them either.

ARGH.

Tried all MPEG decoders available, to no avail :(

running the pre version and Hauppauge 150MCE here ...

Hi,

You can always do a System Restore to right before you applied the changes:
Start button/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
Select do a system restore
Select the date you want to restore to (doesn't affect your content: docs, mails etc. only the installation files on the PC).

Perfect for removing bad stuff you picked up up by browsing the web :wink:

Good luck

Morten

Good luck

eric.c.mi

Portal Pro
March 11, 2006
Michigan, USA
Could some one post that lsat one. the DVB fix

Could some one post that lsat one. the DVB fix.
Seems you have to have Windows Genine Advantage download it.
If you already have it, plesae post it somewhere for me. I dont have a DVB card, but my pvr-500 now and again has weird distorted picture like it describes. thanks in advance.

Johnny Utah

January 11, 2005
why don't you try going to Autopatcher and downloading the April 2006 Full package? I noticed that it included a couple of patches (including the Dxva and DVB-T patches mentioned in this thread) that otherwise required Windows Genuine Advantage to download.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Heavy stuttering/choppy video after applying patches

Hi,

I did a clean install of XP SP2 and MP0.2.0.3 and created an image of my windows partition right before I applied those patches.

When I applied those patches I had heavy stuttering and choppy video with all codecs (MPV/MPA, NVIDIA PV trial, DScaler). When I restored the image (i. e. to a state before the patches were applied) everything went fine again.

Is it still recommended to apply those patches or aren't they needed anymore? Or do I only need them for DVB (I use analog cable)?

My config:
    MSI-6399/Intel 845D chipset
    768MB ram
    Asus Radeon 9550, Catalyst 6.7 (or 6.8? don't know atm. Latest one...)
    PVR-350, latest driver
    WinXP SP2, all updates

???,
    BartManson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom