Audio delay in one specific mkv file (1 Viewer)

captainspanky

Portal Pro
December 8, 2005
Hi there

I've got one specific mkv file where the audio is out of sync with the video. Using VLC I'm able to figure out the number more or less, but can't figure out how to tweak it. From reading on here, the audio delay slider on the info panel doesn't work, which matches my experience. Would be great to be able to hit a key during playback and nudge the audio track one way or the other. Doesn't happen a lot these days, but is frustrating when it does.

I'm using LAV Audio and Video decoders, MP 1.7.0.

Read something about firing up FFDShow and setting a delay across the board in there. Not sure how current that info would be.

Anyone got a hint or two for me off the top of their head? Get me going in the right direction?

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You can get the audio delay slider on the info panel to work if you add ffdshow as a post processor.

So, you install ffdshow and under codecs choose all supported / raw (sorry not in front of my HTPC at the moment so can't recall the exact wording), then in MP configuration - videos - video post processing add ffdshow.

That's how I use it on my main HTPC and it works fine with the Titan skin. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll get more exact instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom