[further infos missing] Audio delay with MediaPortal Audio Renderer (1 Viewer)

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,

as soon as I am setting the "MediaPortal - Audio Renderer" in Codecs and Renderer settings, audio gets delayed/asynchronous no matter what movie I am watching. Also, the "click" sound played upon changing volume or entering a menu is not played or played back distorted with a crackling noise (some kind of incorrect sound overlay I presume)

Is this a common issue or do you need my logfiles? I am running the 1.6.0 Pre-Release.

Thanks in advance!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nope, not a common issue.

If you need support, you need to supply us with the appropriate info.
    That means, full debug logs, systems specs filled in and steps to reproduce.

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here you go. I opened MP, started TV and pressed a few remote buttons to get the click sound. Every time there was audio distortion in the TV audio feed.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No errors in the logs, but that's normal with the steps you did, but i'm missing the AudioRender.log
    It seems you started LiveTV, and that uses default directsound device?

Btw: i'm probably not gonna see the 'distortion' you're talking about in the logs.

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah I know they won't be visible in the logs. Where do I get the missing log from?
    It seems like an audio overlay issue. Some short crackling everytime I press a button and the according sound is played. If I choose the MP Audio Renderer it's there, if I chose Default DirectSound Device it's gone.

Any special settings I have to change on the options page of the MP Audio Renderer?

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm, setting resampling to "SRC_SINC_BEST_QUALITY" might have done the trick.

But it says it assumes a SNR ot 97dB whilst my audio card supports 118dB. But for the moment it's very good, the artifacts are gone.
    Is this a software renderer or will it get passed on to my audio card?

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, that's where I got the information from :)

But I couldn't find anything about the processing part. Do you think it's purely software or will the stream get sent to a matching hardware (if found by the system)?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm... I assume software, but good question, maybe @davidf can comment on that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom