[further infos missing] Audio delay with MediaPortal Audio Renderer (1 Viewer)

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Zuzler,

MPAR uses a software solution - the actual resampling is done using the SoundTouch library (http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/) and the define for no crossover click is on.

I must say I haven't heard any clicks for a long time (the earlier versions of SoundTouch) - but it might be worth hunting out an older version of the dll from area 51. I seem to remember only changing the interface one so, hopefully, most of the versions are still compatible.

Parsing the detailed logs for MPAR is no fun - and you'll need a fast SSD to even be able to produce them (they were primarily to detect drift rather than monitor quality. I'd recommend using <Shift>1 to get the onscreen diagnostics and see if there is a pattern between the resampling adjustment and the clicks. Although in the logs given, MPAR wasn't active and the Default was used.

David

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have click on my side (most often when there is an action movie) and most of the time by disable 'timestretch' function solve the issue but kill MPAR feature.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Oh, a new version of Soundtouch v1.8 ( 7/01/2014)
    • Added support for multi-channel audio processing
    • Added support for cubic and shannon interpolation for rate and pitch shift effects besides the original linear interpolation, to reduce aliasing at high frequencies due to interpolation. Cubic interpolation is used as default for floating point processing, and linear interpolation for integer processing.
    • Fixed bug in anti-alias filtering that limited stop-band attenuation to -10 dB instead of <-50dB, and increased filter length from 32 to 64 taps to further reduce aliasing due to frequency folding.
    • Performance improvements in cross-correlation algorithm
    • Other bug and compatibility fixes

Zuzler

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, how do I update to this new version? What should I do with the .ax Seb provided?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom